We value and invest in our people by enabling, fostering and supporting their professional and personal growth and well-being. As an intern or new college graduate, we will enable your drive and passion for what's next.
University Recruiting Program Features
- Actively work and learn alongside industry thought leaders
- Contribute to highly collaborative product groups developing transformative technology
- Work on cutting edge advanced research projects (PhD Program)
- Publish work in the VMware Technical Journal and external publications (PhD Program)
- Attend nationally recognized academic conferences (PhD Program)
- Support teams in defining and delivering customer-focused solutions
- Enjoy flexible schedules with opportunities to work remotely
- Competitive compensation, relocation assistance, stock options, annual bonuses and wellness programs
- Innovative culture that supports the growth and development of our employees through mentoring, skills training and educational reimbursement
At VMware, we’re focused on working with and developing top diverse student talent to become future VMware innovators and leaders. Learn more about our people and what fuels our drive.
Throughout the year we visit with students at top universities to learn about what ignites their passion and to share our latest opportunities at VMware. Visit our events page on Facebook to see if we’re headed to a campus near you next!
As an intern at VMware, you will be challenged to create innovative solutions for our customers by solving complex problems in a team-focused environment. If you are passionate about defining and delivering what’s next for the technology industry and your career while unlocking your full potential, come to VMware. You will have the opportunity to grow, challenge your thinking, and influence the future of technology.
Recruiting Timeline for Interns
We focus our on-campus recruiting efforts during the spring, however, we are always open to reviewing applications and connecting with top talent.
Internship Specific Program Features
- Work on meaningful projects that impact the organization and tie into degree research
- Engage in one-on-one mentorship
- Become a Women Connecting Women (WCW) mentee
- Attend networking events and speaker series (MBA Coffee Chats, PhD Speaker Series, Leadership speakers)
- Participate in engineering poster sessions with the opportunity to present to the VMware R&D community
- Get involved in application-development contests
- Apply for VMware Intern Prodigy (VIP) Campus Ambassador Program (U.S. university students only at this time)
- Airfare, housing and transportation provided for qualified candidates
- Apply for internships and co-op opportunities
Want to jump start your career by architecting what’s next in technology and for yourself? At VMware, you will be empowered with the tools and resources to watch your innovative ideas grow in a flexible learning environment grounded by trust, freedom of choice and most importantly – your input. Behind our transformative products and solutions are our great people, including our recent grads!
Recruiting Timeline for Recent Graduates
We focus our on-campus recruiting efforts during the fall, however, we are always open to reviewing applications and connecting with top talent.
Apply for recent Grad opportunities
Our people are passionate about envisioning, delivering and supporting amazing technological achievements. Learn a little bit more about some of the awards that we have been recognized for as a community.
At VMware, we’re focused on working with and developing top diverse student talent to become future VMware innovators and leaders. Our diversity outreach efforts and commitment to inclusion include, but are not limited to, partnership building, collaboration, event participation and sponsorship with the following organizations at the international, national and regional levels.
- Anita Borg Institute and the Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing (North America and India)
- CMD – IT- The Center for Minorities and Students with Disabilities in IT
- First Bytes High School Summer Camp, The University of Texas at Austin Computer Science Department