HP and VMware
Efficiently Manage End-User Computing
VMware and HP have developed a blueprint for desktop virtualization that efficiently increases end-user productivity and flexibility, while enabling IT control to protect sensitive company information. The HP Client Virtualization Gen8 Enterprise Reference Architecture (RA) for VMware View includes VMware vSphere, vCenter Server and VMware View software, as well as HP ProLiant Gen8 servers. When complemented by consulting and support services, the RA contains all the information needed to deliver an enterprise end-user computing solution that expands up to 4,500 users. It enables you to:
- Protect sensitive company information and meet compliance requirements
- Minimize IT management costs with HP Insight Control integrated with VMware vCenter
- Decrease risk and speed deployment with an RA based on hundreds of hours of testing
Keep up with Changing User Demands
Mobility, cloud computing, social media and other forms of IT consumerization have created a massive shift in the way your organization consumes—and therefore must deliver—IT resources. The software-defined data center (SDDC), enabled by VMware and HP innovations, gives you a set of virtualized resources that can be allocated and deployed at the click of a button.
- Quickly respond to changing user demands, deploying solutions as needed, when needed
- Allow elasticity and on-demand self-service for virtual compute resources
- Simplify ownership with a single point of accountability and support for the entire solution
Enable Mobility for Healthcare Providers
Together, VMware and HP have leveraged end-user computing to develop the HP Mobile Care Reference Architecture certified for VMware AlwaysOn. This high-availability, mobile healthcare solution blueprint is for a ‘follow-me’ virtualized desktop infrastructure that helps healthcare providers improve patient care while simplifying the deployment of a reliable, mobile IT infrastructure.
- Improve patient outcomes with mobile single sign-on access to applications and information
- Increase clinician productivity by providing a consistent native desktop experience on any device with tap-and-go simplicity
- Ensure security and compliance and mitigate risks with a highly available, proven reference architecture