Security and Compliance
Virtual infrastructure needs to be as secure as physical infrastructure and Symantec offers a broad set of Security and Compliance offerings that are deeply integrated with VMware.
Symantec products for virtualization security and compliance:
- Endpoint Protection - Proactive protection tailored for high density environments, Symantec Endpoint Solutions plan to leverage vShield Endpoint with its endpoint security offerings to offload critical security analysis from protected virtual machines to a dedicated security virtual appliance resulting in optimized scan performance, reduced resource utilization, and increased management visibility.
- Critical System Protection - Integrates vSphere protection and hardening policies to monitor and prevent configuration file tampering, limit inbound/outbound communications and access, stop unauthorized services from running and prevent zero day attacks against unpatched or vulnerable systems.
- Control Compliance Suite - Integrates vSphere hardening policies that allow for scheduled automated scans to report on vSphere platform state as well as perform vulnerability scans of critical vSphere assets.
- Data Loss Prevention - Integrates with vShield to discover sensitive data residing in virtual datacenters and automatically quarantine virtual machines that violate data security policies.
- Managed Security Services - Leverages Symantec expert staff to deliver security monitoring and management services around the clock.
- Security Information Manager - Integrates a unique vShield log collector to extend visibility into the advancing virtual infrastructure for unparalleled context to threat activity with advanced telemetry between internal physical, virtual and external threat landscape intelligence to prioritize risk.
- Web Gateway - A physical or virtual appliance that protects organizations from web-borne malware.
- Symantec PCI 2.0 Compliance Solutions - Symantec and VMware have partnered to develop a comprehensive approach to providing the technology, process and partnerships to help customers assure PCI 2.0 compliance in VMware environments.