Pivotal Web Server
Pivotal and VMware are partnering to deliver well-managed, agile and secure data and application infrastructure for VMware environments across public, private and hybrid clouds. Pivotal Web Server formerly known as VMware vFabric Web Server, is now part of the Pivotal portfolio of products.
Increase your web tiers performance, scalability and security while reducing deployment times and complexity Pivotal Web Server.
Key Features and Functionality
- mod_ftp, to serve content using the FTP protocol.
- mod_fcgid, a FastCGI implementation that lets you run Perl and PHP scripts.
- openssl, for securely sending web pages to browsers using the SSL encryption standard
- openldap, an open source implementation of the Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP).
- mod_jk, which handles communication between Tomcat and Apache.
- mod_bmx, for performance monitoring using vCenter Hyperic.
- libexpat, an XML parser.
- libapr and libaprutil, for API standardization.
- zlib, for content compression.
Pivotal Web Server supports almost all CAs including VeriSign, Thawte, Entrust, and Equifax. Additionally, it supports the Rainbow CryptoSwift and nCipher nFast acceleration cards.