Run more virtual machines per server without performance degradation with AMD Opteron processor based-systems. See, improved efficiency, greater productivity and enhanced scalability--giving you greater return on your virtualization investment. Get optimized virtualization for even the most demanding virtualized applications.
- Read more about the VMware and AMD's innovative architectural design to enhance your virtualiation experience.
- AMD Highlights Hardware Feature Key to Managing Virtualized IT Infrastructures
- AMD Delivers High Energy Efficiency and the Processing Power of Six-Cores in a Consistent Power Envelope
- New Six-Core AMD Opteron™ Processor Delivers Up to Thirty-Four Percent More Performance-per-Watt in Exact Same Platform
- AMD Hosts Virtualization Webcast with Industry Partners
Power and Simplicity Come to Desktop Virtualization
Kovarus finds an elegant way to provide heavy-duty computational power to semiconductor designers while keeping desktops simple. One key part of the solution: AMD processors. by Tam Harbert
- RVI – VMware Performance Evaluation of AMD RVI Hardware Assist
- SPECWeb2005 – VMware breaks 50,000 on SPECWeb2005 with AMD Opteron – June 15th, 2009
Guides listing the standard operating systems and server platforms VMware tests against.
- vMotion and EVC and AMD Opteron™ processor based servers
- VMware Infrastructure 3 Compatibility Guides
- VMware ESX Server 2.x Compatibility Guides
Industry Virtualization Discussions
AMD recently hosted a panel discussion that brought together leading virtualization software vendors for a discussion that included topics such as how to measure the success of a virtualization implementation, licensing scenarios and how to optimize workloads.