EMC provides the industry’s #1 choice of storage infrastructure for VMware environments, and is a global leader in enabling businesses and service providers to transform their operations and deliver IT as a Service. Through innovative products and services, EMC is working alongside VMware to accelerate the journey to cloud computing, helping IT departments to store, manage, protect and analyze their most valuable asset – information – in a more agile, trusted, and cost-efficient way.
EMC and VMware have invested years and dedicated resources in engineering, sales, marketing and services to focus on providing proven solutions that meet the most demanding customer needs.
Server Consolidation and Desktop ManagementVMware vSphere and Horizon View, in conjunction with EMC storage solutions, enable companies to simplify their physical infrastructure while greatly improving IT flexibility.
- Streamline datacenters and reduce carbon footprint
- Simplify desktop management and deliver rich, personalized virtual desktops as a managed service
- Reduce total cost of ownership for datacenters and desktops alike
EMC has helped customers reduce cost and risk for millions of Windows 7 desktop migrations by providing Proven Solutions, Comprehensive Consulting Services, and advanced storage, security, and data protection technologies. VMware ThinApp provides a critical tool for resolving application incompatibilities. Horizon View provides targeted support for simplifying and automating migration, unlocks user information from their device and gives users the freedom to access anywhere anytime on any device.
The EMC® Virtual Desktop Infrastructure Solution for Healthcare improves clinical workflows and patient safety by providing immediately-accessible, always-available desktops that follow clinicians wherever they go. Applications and patient data can be securely accessed from any device, with instant login/authentication, increased data security and IT control, elastic scalability, and reduced operational costs. EMC Proven Solutions and comprehensive services from EMC Consulting ensure quick, low-risk implementation.
Business Critical Application Virtualization
VMware and EMC offerings let users virtualize business critical applications with confidence and assurance by removing risk and accelerating the path to efficiency.
- Reduce application deployment times for improved time-to-market
- Automate application tiering
- Improve performance: Microsoft Exchange and SQL run better on vSphere than on physical servers
Secure and Protect Information
Business continuity and disaster recovery are critical for any organization. With VMware and EMC solutions, companies can create a virtualized infrastructure and virtualized applications that are more resilient and recoverable than the physical environment.
- Automate recovery, testing and failover with and VMware vCenter Site Recovery Manager and EMC storage—greatly simplifying disaster recovery management
- Increase consolidation ratios with source based deduplication
- Allow for space efficient recovery of virtual machines with VMware snapshots
Together, VMware and EMC provide the tools to manage your datacenter as a service. VMware and EMC’s cloud platform delivers efficiency, control and choice—allowing businesses to automate IT and maximize their resources on their journey to the cloud.
- Achieve your cloud goals through a flexible, scalable infrastructure
- Use it when you need it; don’t pay for it when you don’t
- Attain complete business agility and flexibility
VMware on EMC.com
The VMware-EMC strategic alliance aims to solve customer challenges by enabling them to leverage the benefits of VMware's industry-leading virtualization technologies to accelerate massive virtualization and private cloud infrastructure.
Visit the EMC and VMware Alliance page to learn more.