Hitachi and VMware work together to help businesses achieve a transformed, fully virtualized data center. As global leaders in virtualization and cloud infrastructure, we both provide customer-proven solutions that accelerate IT by reducing complexity and enabling more flexible, agile service delivery. Our alliance offers a blend of complementary, industry-leading technologies that delivers exceptional ITaaS and enables our customers to develop their infrastructure clouds.
Hitachi Data Systems and VMware have been strategic partners since 2002. Today, Hitachi is a VMware Global Alliance Partner, an Elite-level member of VMware’s Technology Alliance Partner program and a participant in VMware Ready Partner programs for storage and infrastructure products as well as vStorage programs for storage vendor partners.
Hitachi solutions engineered for VMware are comprehensively tested and certified with products across VMware’s broad portfolio. In addition, both companies’ engineers collaborate in our world-class interoperability labs to create deeper integrations and innovative solutions to meet our joint customers’ evolving needs. Together, Hitachi and VMware bring you end-to-end virtualization solutions for the data center.
Hitachi Data Systems provides industry-leading solutions for VMware environments that enable customers to build a highly integrated, predictable, adaptable and cost-effective virtualized data center and cloud infrastructure. Our solutions are engineered for VMware and offer unparalleled availability, exceptional performance, maximum scalability and streamlined management. This enables you to save money, lower risk and grow with confidence.
Our most popular solutions for VMware include:
- Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform (VSP). Gain value and efficiency by leveraging your existing storage; scale your entire VMware environment easily with a single platform that provides unparalleled reliability and performance. VSP is the only enterprise storage platform in the industry that offers 3D scaling of resources, full native VMware integration, and storage virtualization that extends features to more than 100 different models of storage arrays.
- Hitachi Adaptable Modular Storage 2000 family (AMS). Improve performance with storage that responds quickly to increased workload and integrates with VMware round-robin multipathing without the need for additional software. The AMS family offers flexible, dynamic, symmetrically active/active processing modular storage platforms that scale as your virtualization needs grow.
- Hitachi NAS Platform family, powered by BlueArc (HNAS). Reduce complexity and lower your total cost of ownership by supporting more robust storage infrastructures with fewer nodes. HNAS is an extremely compact, enterprise-class network-attach storage (NAS) that enables you to scale up to 16PB for unmatched performance, efficiency and capacity.
- Hitachi Command Suite (HCS). Simplify storage management and lower costs with our advanced suite of IT management software. HCS offers a single management pane across all Hitachi products (SAN, NAS and compute) that simplifies and automates management tasks to streamline a business application’s availability, performance and access to its critical data.
- Hitachi Compute Blade family. Lower your total cost of ownership through improved virtual machine density and increased resiliency. The Hitachi Compute Blade family are simple, flexible and reliable blade servers that are ideal for consolidation, whether your needs are enterprise-class (CB2000) or at the edge and application tier of the data center (CB320).
For information about the full range of Hitachi solutions engineered for VMware environments, please visit the Hitachi marketplace on the VMware Solutions Exchange (VSX).