The Foundation of Virtualization
Turbo Boost Your Performance
Servers built on Intel Xeon processors and running VMware vSphere™ deliver up to 160% better performance in a virtualized environment than previous generations.
Intel and VMware are working together to show that infrastructure built with Intel® Xeon® processor-based servers coupled with VMware vSphere™ helps customers gain new levels of efficiency, control and choice in order to run their datacenters more effectively, and to improve performance and flexibility when running business critical applications.
Intel hardware coupled with VMware vSphere—the leading platform for building cloud infrastructures—gives datacenters the performance and flexibility for new usage models and the next phase of virtualization, along with the agility needed for the most demanding business requirements today and in the future.
Streamline Your Infrastructure
Intel and VMware have worked hard to ensure the combination of their two industry-leading products are designed, manufactured and optimized to help customers efficiently consolidate their IT infrastructure.
- Consolidate. Intel and VMware have developed multiple enhancements and optimizations to deliver the highest consolidation ratios in the industry.
- Increase density. Intel delivers the greatest possible virtual machine density, helping to shrink server footprint.
- Reduce CapEx and OpEx. More powerful servers for maximum virtualization density translate into the lowest cost per virtual machine, with less hardware to buy and less to manage.
Maximize Your Infrastructure
Intel-based systems running with VMware vSphere™ can easily handle the most demanding of enterprise-class applications, giving you the performance you need for virtualizing your business-critical applications—all while providing scalability, availability, and cost-effective disaster recovery.
- Flexibility and agility. VMware and Intel allow customers to respond to new opportunities and changing business priorities easily.
- Robust performance. VMware and Intel deliver significant performance enhancements for top-tier business applications. For example, SAP ERP running in VMware vSphere™ on the Intel Xeon processors performed up to 2.03x better than running in a native environment on the older Intel® Xeon® processor 5400 series.
- High availability. VMware Enhanced vMotion, VMware High Availability (HA), and VMware Fault Tolerance work with Intel VT FlexMigration – delivering live migration, high availability and instantaneous failover to applications, eliminating even the smallest IT service disruption.
Transform Your Infrastructure
Cloud computing is changing the IT landscape, and VMware and Intel are strongly invested in delivering advanced cloud computing functionality to small and mid-size businesses today, while also helping them establish an interoperable foundation for integrating with current and future public clouds.
Intel Xeon processor-based servers combined with the VMware vSphere platform enable customers to transition to cloud computing simply, securely and efficiently by providing the technologies that deliver:
- Efficiency: Intel and VMware are working together to accelerate virtualization by creating multiple tenanted environments; deploy new and retire old servers to improve energy efficiency; and drive higher utilization via resource pools and consolidation.
- Agility: Improve provisioning time from days to hours; automate workflows to enable consistency, agility and elasticity; and opportunistically use public cloud services to scale applications on demand when applicable.
- Availability: Deliver high availability for all workloads, regardless of location; protect business IP, data and differentiated business processes; and provide secure, broad network access on authenticated devices.