NEC has a long history of supplying a wide variety of global customers with integrated solutions that combine NEC's servers, storage, software and VMware's virtualization technology. The collaboration between VMware and NEC has made flexible, secure and comfortable next generation cloud computing infrastructure a reality.
NECs Virtual PC Center solution combines their Virtual PC Server Infrastructure, powered by VMware, with solutions for streaming video and VOIP softphones. Implementing this package of solutions will drive a reduction in TCO, ensure optimized allocation of resources and reduce energy use (by approximately 60%). In addition, companies can create a flexible environment for employees to move from location to location with maximized availability of communication resources in what they call a “Ubiquitous Work Environment.”
The Virtual PC Center is made up of the following:
- Thin Client Terminals: US 100 or TCM 160
- Virtual PC Server: NEC Server 120Ri-2, 2U 2P fully redundant with preloaded software (including VMware ESX 3) to support from 20 to 50 VPCs. Each VPC also includes Windows XP Professional.
- Virtual PC Management Server: NEC server 120Rg-1, CPU with Windows Server 2003 and SigmaSystemCenter Management application suite including:
- SigmaSystemCenter web console
- ESMPro : Server Hardware Monitoring
- System Provisioning
- System Performance Monitoring
- VMware vCenter Server : Virtual PC management
- DPM : Applications and patches deployment
- CMO : Session & Connection Manager