VMware and NetApp are Global Partners that provide integrated solutions for virtual environments. The jointly engineered solution provides IT with simplified data protection, improved availability and disaster recovery, an enhanced desktop experience, and end-to-end secure solutions. Together, we have developed proven solutions, reference architectures, design guides, and deployment guides, assuring a successful implementation.
NetApp uniquely complements VMware environments—from the datacenter, to the desktop, to the cloud—by providing the best-in-class data protection, the most efficient and scalable storage, and the most flexible IT infrastructure. NetApp does for storage what VMware does for virtualization.
Business Application Virtualization
Together, VMware vSphere and NetApp bring the benefits of virtualization, including lower cost, increased agility, and higher availability, to your mission critical applications. You can virtualize your largest database, business application and email environments while ensuring service levels are met. VMware and NetApp’s joint solutions offer:
- Performance. Virtualize with confidence by meeting or exceeding the performance of physical servers. Scale applications more efficiently on large multicore servers.
- Availability. Provide built-in availability without the complexity of clustering. Ensure simple, automated Disaster Recovery for all your applications. Protect more of your data affordably while delivering higher levels of application availability with our network-efficient and storage-efficient disaster recovery solutions.
- Agility. Accelerate application provisioning from weeks to minutes, from the labs to production. Scale applications on-the-fly to meet workload spikes. Speed time to production from weeks to minutes with instant storage provisioning and cloning of virtual machines.
- Efficiency. Use at least 50% less storage for your virtual environments—guaranteed.
VMware Horizon View along with NetApp provides a scalable, cost effective desktop virtualization solution that simplifies management, and increases data security without sacrificing user experience. As a result, it’s easy for IT organizations to deliver desktops from the datacenter as a managed service. Using VMware and NetApp for desktop virtualization provides the enterprise with:
- Lowest cost-per-seat. NetApp’s unique storage efficiency technologies provide a lower storage cost per seat for virtual desktops that significantly reduces capital investment requirement.
- Agility. Rapidly provision thousands of desktops in minutes.
- Efficiency. Centralize management, administration, and resources. Use 50% less storage. Simplify Windows 7 migration, patching and updates.
- End-user experience. Eliminate boot and login storms to increase productivity. Provide a familiar end user experience and self-service user data recovery.
- Security and Compliance. Retain control of data while not hindering productivity of temporary and offshore employees.
- Automated High Availability. Ensure continuity thru built-in fault tolerance, session recovery, and disaster recovery
VMware vCenter Site Recovery Manager combined with NetApp storage solutions let you eliminate planned downtime and reduce unplanned downtime via data protection, high availability and automated disaster recovery. With VMware and NetApp, disaster recovery is:
- Rapid. Automated recovery plan combined with NetApp storage speeds recovery time.
- Simple. Eliminate the runbook with an electronic recovery plan, and greatly reduce risk of human error with fewer manual steps.
- Reliable. Automated non-disruptive testing ensures reliable recovery.
- Affordable. Reduce the cost of disaster recovery infrastructure and provide comprehensive protection of your applications and data.
VMware Zimbra along with NetApp provides a flexible, scalable and cost effective messaging and collaboration platform designed for virtualization that delivers the most innovative cross-platform Web collaboration application today.
- Flexible - The VMware Zimbra Collaboration Server supports all of the available options for storage including NFS, SAS/SATA, Fibre Channel, and iSCSI. When deployed on vSphere, ZCS also supports Network Attached Storage (NAS) for all of its components.
- Scalability - For service providers and hosting services moving their services into the cloud, file-based storage provides significant operational, cost and management reduction.
- Cost Savings - In all scenarios file-based storage represents cost savings across the board in management, upfront acquisition costs and maintenance.
- Innovative End-User Experience - Delivering a powerful and more flexible web-based experience is a major component of the Zimbra mission. Traditionally, email has been largely a client-focused experience on a single desktop (which is fine for some users) but can limit productivity (fewer features, no anywhere access, not cross-platform). Zimbra’s AJAX web experience liberates end-users by providing the best of both worlds (looks like a client but works on the web).
VMware on Netapp.com
A server-to-storage virtualized infrastructure is an efficient and cost-effective way to manage your data center. NetApp virtualized storage solutions, used in conjunction with VMware, simplify data protection and expand the benefits of your virtualized applications—from improved flexibility and reduced provisioning times, to increased resource utilization and performance.