VMware and NetApp are Global Partners that provide integrated solutions for virtual environments. The jointly engineered solution provides IT with simplified data protection, improved availability and disaster recovery, an enhanced desktop experience, and end-to-end secure solutions. Together, we have developed proven solutions, reference architectures, design guides, and deployment guides, assuring a successful implementation.
NetApp Storage Systems and Software
With unmatched storage efficiency, performance and data protection capabilities, NetApp® storage solutions complement the manageability, utilization, and cost-saving benefits of VMware virtualization software. NetApp products integrate with VMware including with vStorage API for Array Integration, to deliver a cost-effective, flexible, and scalable data center solutions that can respond immediately to changing business needs.
- FAS Storage Systems - NetApp storage, from entry-level arrays to large enteprise systems, offer unmatched business agility, superior application uptime, simplicity of management, and breakthrough value for your enterprise.
- NetApp Flash Cache - Optimize the performance of random read-intensive workloads without the complexity of another storage tier.
- Virtual Storage Console 2.0 is a vCenter plug-in that provides access to the advanced storage capabilities such as cloning, backup, recovery and DR, as well as simplifies the configuration and management of NetApp arrays.
- NetApp FlexVol™ technology enables IT organizations to create multiple flexible volumes on a large pool of disks and aggregate I/O across all physical disks on NFS, iSCSI or Fibre Channel. Users can dynamically allocate storage and add storage capacity as needed without downtime.
- NetApp FlexClone® provides instant clones of virtual machines without impacting server resources and requiring additional storage capacity.
- NetApp Snapshot™ allows VMware users to make fast and space-efficient backup copies of active data with negligible performance and storage overhead.
- NetApp SnapMirror® Software protects data and accelerates recovery, by providing a simple, efficient way to replicate data between systems in multiple locations using multi-transport (IP and FC) and frequency choice (sync, semi-sync, and a-sync) options while only transferring changed blocks.
- SANscreen VMInsight provides cross-domain visibility from the VM to the volume to better understand how storage is allocated to VMs and more accurately forecast, plan, and charge back for storage. Our plug-in integrates storage information directly into vCenter, enabling your VM administrators to better monitor the storage aspects of their virtualized environment and communicate with the storage team for added flexibility.
VMware on Netapp.com
A server-to-storage virtualized infrastructure is an efficient and cost-effective way to manage your data center. NetApp virtualized storage solutions, used in conjunction with VMware, simplify data protection and expand the benefits of your virtualized applications—from improved flexibility and reduced provisioning times, to increased resource utilization and performance.