Trend Micro is a global leader in content security and threat management, with more than 20 years of expertise in server, endpoint, messaging, and Web security.
Trend Micro provides the most comprehensive suite of next-generation virtualization and cloud security solutions available today. These solutions leverage the VMware platform to deliver better-than-physical security, giving VMware customers the confidence to accelerate and complete their virtualization journey, maximize consolidation rates and cost savings, and ensure compliance.
Spotlight: Security Built for VMware
VMware and Trend Micro have partnered to deliver the first agentless security platform for VMware. Designed for both virtualized desktops and datacenters, the joint solution comprises two mutually dependent solutions:
- VMware vShield Endpoint, a unique solution that optimizes security for use in VMware vSphere™ and VMware Horizon View™ environments. It enables offloading of security processing to dedicated, security-hardened virtual machines delivered by VMware partners.
- Trend Micro Deep Securityprovides a security-hardened virtual machine that integrates with vShield Endpoint and other VMware APIs to offer agentless antivirus, integrity monitoring, intrusion detection and prevention, firewall, virtual patching, and Web application protection for VMware virtual machines.
Deep Security options for VMware virtual machines:
- Anti-Malware integrates new VMware vShield Endpoint APIs to provide agentless anti-malware protection for VMware virtual machines with zero in-guest footprint.
- Intrusion Detection and Prevention shields known vulnerabilities from unlimited exploits until they can be patched. Helps achieve timely protection against known and zero-day attacks.
- Integrity Monitoringdetects malicious and unexpected changes. Leverages an agentless configuration to add greater security to virtual machines without additional footprint.
- Application Control increases visibility into, or control over, applications accessing the network. Identifies malicious software accessing the network and reduces the vulnerability exposure of your servers.
- Firewall centralizes management of server firewall policy using a bi-directional stateful firewall. Supports virtual machine zoning and prevents Denial of Service attacks.
- Log Inspection collects and analyzes operating and application logs for suspicious behavior, security events, and administrative events across the datacenter.
- Web Application Protection enables compliance with PCI Requirement 6.6 for the protection of web applications and the data that they process.
- Higher Density by offloading security scans from individual virtual machines to a single security virtual appliance on each vSphere host
- Optimized Resourcesby eliminating antivirus storms and resource contention from multiple security agents
- Simplified Management by eliminating agents and the need to configure and update each one
- Stronger Security by providing instant-on protection for new virtual machines and tamper-proof security coordinated by the dedicated security appliance
Trend Micro Secure CloudTrend Micro SecureCloud™ makes it possible for businesses to encrypt and control data in public and private cloud environments via patent-pending, simple policy-based key management. It gives businesses power over how and where data is accessed and greatly reduces the complexity of inherent in traditional key management solutions. SecureCloud is offered as an on-premise console or as a remote Software-as-a-Service solution.
- Protection for: Private and public cloud computing
- Leverages: vCloud APIs
VMware Ready Security Virtual Appliances
Trend Micro offers a range of enterprise VMware-Ready – and VMware Ready for Email Security—virtual appliances for gateway security, including:
- Web Security : Stops web threats at the gateway with a consolidated web security solution that combines powerful URL filtering, real-time web reputation and award-winning malware scanning.
- Web Reporting : Provides real-time visibility of Internet activity and how it is impacting the organization, thus ensuring resources are most effectively managed.
- Messaging Security : Defends the enterprise at the email gateway by combining multi-tiered anti-spam and reputation filtering with award-winning anti-virus and anti-spyware.
- Email Encryption : Enables organizations to enforce compliance requirements and to ensure that confidential information is delivered securely.
- Data Loss Prevention : Protects customer data and intellectual property from the growing volume of threats — whether it’s data-stealing malware, hackers, accidental loss, or malicious insider leaks.
* Note: Trend Micro also offers an agent-based anti-malware solution that is optimized for VMware Horizon View, and is well-suited to organizations that:
- Are running older versions of Horizon View
- Want to deploy VDI with untethered or offline VMs that will be in active use
- Want to run the same security solution across all their physical and virtual desktops, including desktop security capabilities beyond AV, such as behavioral monitoring and web reputation monitoring