Trend Micro is a global leader in content security and threat management, with more than 20 years of expertise in server, endpoint, messaging, and Web security.
Trend Micro provides the most comprehensive suite of next-generation virtualization and cloud security solutions available today. These solutions leverage the VMware platform to deliver better-than-physical security, giving VMware customers the confidence to accelerate and complete their virtualization journey, maximize consolidation rates and cost savings, and ensure compliance.
By tightly integrating with and leveraging VMware products and APIs, Trend Micro security and compliance solutions allow VMware customers to increase consolidation rates, accelerate and complete their virtualization journey, more fully leverage their VMware investments, and maximize their ROI.
Specifically, Trend Micro helps VMware customers to:
Prevent data breaches and business disruptions by
- Providing a line of defense at the VM itself.
- Shielding known and unknown vulnerabilities in web and enterprise applications, as well as operating systems, and blocking attacks to these systems.
- Identifying suspicious activity and behavior, and taking preventive measures, before it’s too late.
- Detecting and blocking a broad range of threats to endpoints, including viruses, web threats, spyware, rootkits, network worms, and blended threats and preventing exposure to web threats.
- Preventing unauthorized access over the network, and ensuring malware-free data storage.
- Encrypting, and controlling access to data on cloud servers, and facilitating virtual data destruction, for data and applications deployed to infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) cloud service providers.
- Stopping web and email threats at the gateway, and ensuring email security and compliance.
Maximize consolidation rates, operational efficiency and cost savings by
- Enabling higher consolidation rates of mission critical / Tier 1 applications, and the deployment of sensitive applications to the public cloud.
- Reducing the performance impacts associated with full-system anti-malware scans, through serialization.
- Sharing threat intelligence amongst multiple virtual desktops, running on a single VDI server instead of on each virtual desktop. This reduces the number of queries to the local scan server and further improves scan performance.
- Retrieving information about the status and location of secured virtual desktops to optimize resource utilization across the entire virtual desktop environment.
- Providing vulnerability protection so that secure coding efforts can be prioritized, and unscheduled patching can be implemented more cost-effectively.
- Providing comprehensive protection in a single, centrally managed software agent / virtual appliance, thus eliminating the need for, and costs associated with, deploying multiple software clients.
- Enabling portability between cloud providers – and avoiding vendor lock-in – while still ensuring that data is virtually destroyed.
- Reducing the configuration, installation, patching and testing time, and the overall administrative and management costs, associated with gateway security for email and web.
- Lowering the overall cost of security management.
Ensure compliance with security best practices, internal governance and external regulations, by
- Addressing a broad range of security requirements identified by PCI and other standards.
- Applying and enforcing a consistent set of security policies across virtualized desktops and servers.
- Providing detailed, auditable reports that document prevented attacks and policy compliance status, and encryption policies for public cloud servers, and that better support an efficient audit process.