HP and VMware
Quickly and Reliably Transform to Cloud
As organizations look to cloud computing technologies to meet the increasing demands of business users, many are overwhelmed by the technology choices, not knowing where to start. As part of the HP Converged Cloud Program, VMware and HP have developed HP CloudSystem optimized for VMware, a jointly engineered product that provides rapid transformation of virtualized environments into self-service private and hybrid cloud environments to deliver increased agility to the business.
- Faster deployment and lower risk. HP CloudSystem optimized for VMware is a purpose-built, integrated system of servers, storage, networking, and software, pre-tested to decrease deployment risk.
- Improved response time and ability to meet SLAs. Auto-flex capability delivers automatic, repeatable allocation of physical infrastructure to VMware vCloud Director, cutting administrative time to scale infrastructure from 4 hours to as little as 15 minutes.
- Simplified on-ramps to cloud. Existing VMware virtual machines can be imported into HP CloudSystem optimized for VMware without downtime or reconfiguration.
Reduce Virtualization Infrastructure Expense, Minimize Downtime and Improve Management
VMware and HP are cooperating to provide HP VirtualSystem for VMware, an HP Converged System, to decrease deployment time so business applications more quickly get the benefit of VMware-based virtualization solutions. Built on over a decade of combined expertise, the solution optimizes speed, cost and quality to deliver an efficient and secure virtualization infrastructure solution.
- Increased efficiency and lower risk. To ensure maximum use of resources and compatibility, HP VirtualSystem for VMware includes pre-integrated vCenter Server and vSphere Enterprise Plus, and is ready for vCenter Site Recovery Manager.
- Optimized and customizable virtualization. Because each organizations’ needs are unique, three deployment options support hundreds to thousands of Virtual Machines (VMs). These systems are based on HP StoreVirtual Storage and HP 3PAR StoreServ Storage, together with HP ProLiant Gen 8 blade servers. HP Factory Express pre-integrates the system at the HP factory, providing fastest time-to-value and reliable deployment.
- Extensible to the cloud. Recognizing that maximizing return on investment requires a system that is adaptable to different use cases, HP VirtualSystem for VMware extends to the cloud with a clear upgrade path to VMware vCloud Suite. Or, VirtualSystem can be ordered with vCloud Suite for customers that are ready for cloud today.
Simplify Data Backup and Recovery for Virtualized and Cloud Environments
HP and VMware have integrated HP Data Protector (powered by HP StoreOnce Backup) with VMware vSphere and VMware vCloud Director, the market’s only enterprise backup application to deliver fully automated and policy-based backup and recovery processes for VMware-based virtualized and cloud environments.
- Maximize backup efficiency. HP Data Protector together with HP StoreOnce delivers high-performance and improved storage utilization at a lower cost. Backups are up to 3 times faster and recovery up to 5 times faster. Federated deduplication creates flexibility and unique algorithms that reduce the amount of data in the backup target, improving utilization.
- Eliminate existing protection gaps. One-touch backup policy configuration automates the protection of dynamic VMware environments. Backup administrators are able to automatically apply customizable policies to virtual machines and vApps as they are created or failover.
- Improve ability to meet SLAs. Zero Downtime Backup and Instant Recovery extensions use array-based snapshots to provide virtual environment back-up at any time without disruption to the production environment, as well as automated data and application recovery.