Why Choose VMware
Best Platform for Business Critical Applications
Only VMware can protect your business critical applications with a broad set of business continuity and disaster recovery solutions that help you eliminate both planned and unplanned downtime with the performance of virtualized applications meeting or beating non-virtualized applications.
- VMware vSphere® High Availability provides cost-effective failover protection that survive even massive hardware failures across multiple hosts and quickly restarting vital virtual machines on other hosts as needed.
- VMware vSphere® Fault Tolerance creates a live shadow instance of critical virtual machines that allow instantaneous failover if the underlying hardware fails.
- VMware vSphere® vMotion® and VMware vSphere® Storage vMotion® migrate virtual machines and virtual machine disk files so server or storage array maintenance can be performed with no disruption to the end user.
- Live Resource Expansion lets you dynamically add CPU, memory and storage resources to running virtual machines if they require more resources than originally expected.
- VMware® vCenter™ Site Recovery Manager™ gives you simple and reliable disaster protection with centralized management of recovery plans, non-disruptive testing and automated site recovery and migration.
Learn more about how vSphere maximizes your application availability.
Choose a Virtualization Platform with the Built-In Flexibility and Choice
What's business critical to you may not be important at all for the business down the street. But whether your business critical software comes from large ISVs or vertical-specific vendors, our approach to virtualization provides you with the most choice and flexibility in both hardware and application components. We follow a workload-agnostic approach delivering uniformly high availability and performance across all virtualized applications. Other virtualization products are optimized for specific operating systems or hardware requiring multiple platforms set up in separate silos. VMware gives you one platform to support all your business critical applications.
Our Large Partner Ecosystem Expands Your Options
We work closely with our partners, including software vendors, OEMs and peripheral manufacturers, so their products can be certified to run with VMware vSphere®. Because we work with a variety of technology vendors VMware technology works in a variety of environments with more guest operating system support than anyone else. In fact, we even support more versions of Windows than Microsoft does. More support equals more choice for you. vSphere is certified on more than 1,500 server models and over 2,000 software vendors have explicit support statements for 3,500 applications running on the vSphere platform.
Our partners include:
- BMC Software
- Borland Software Corp.
- Cisco Systems
- Computer Associates
- EMC Software
- Juniper Networks, Inc.
- Red Hat
- Research in Motion
- TIBCO Software Inc.
Learn more about how VMware vSphere integrates with your existing hardware and software.