Cisco and VMware
Lean IT for Remote and Branch Offices
Cisco and VMware have developed a solution to deliver affordable data center-quality solution in a compact footprint that is ideal for remote and branch offices. By combining Cisco UCS E-Series servers with VMware vSphere you get a feature rich, highly efficient office-in-a-box with compute, virtualization, and networking capabilities in a single platform.
- Improve customer experience at the Branch & POS through enhanced system performance.
- Minimize application downtime with greater system resiliency.
- Reduce operating costs by centralizing branch IT administration and lowering energy needs.
- Greater business agility through faster application deployment at the branches.
- Compliance & security for applications requiring locally running applications and data storage.
Superior Virtual Desktop Experience in the Branch Office
Businesses with remote offices have unique challenges in supporting Virtual Desktop and Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) initiatives. Cisco has validated the UCS E-Series server with the VMware Horizon Branch Office Desktop solution architecture to take the guesswork out of deploying a VDI solution for remote offices.
- Simplify remote office desktop administration
- Fast provisioning of virtual desktop images
- Ensure a high quality user experience