Protect all of your virtualized applications with Site Recovery Manager, disaster recovery automation software that provides policy-based management, non-disruptive testing and automated orchestration.
Fast and Reliable Recovery
Site Recovery Manager automates every aspect of executing a disaster recovery plan to accelerate recovery and eliminate the risks involved with manual processes.
- Non-disruptive recovery testing: Perform automated failover testing as frequently as needed in an isolated network to avoid impact to production applications and ensure regulatory compliance through detailed reports.
- Automated orchestration workflows: Perform a DR failover or a planned migration, and failback recovered virtual machines to the original site, all executing the same recovery plan with a single click.
- Automated recovery of network and security settings: Site Recovery Manager integrates with VMware NSX. It is no longer necessary to re-configure IP addresses on recovered virtual machines. Security policies are also preserved, further reducing configurations post-recovery.
- Extensibility for custom automation: Use the vRealize Orchestrator plug-in for Site Recovery Manager to build custom automation workflows. Pre-built workflows simplify the process to get you started with custom workflow creation.
Zero-Downtime Application Mobility
Site Recovery Manager can enable live migration of applications at scale between two sites when using a certified stretched solution. See the hardware compatibility list.
- Orchestrated cross-vCenter vMotion: Use recovery plans to orchestrate cross-vCenter vMotion operations at scale when using stretched storage. Perform zero-downtime disaster avoidance and data center migrations.
Stretched storage support: Delivers benefits to both Site Recovery Manager and stretched storage users:
- For Site Recovery Manager users, it improves recovery time and enables zero-downtime, zero-data-loss application mobility through orchestrated vMotion.
- For stretched storage users, it adds non-disruptive testing and orchestrated virtual machine recovery, not possible in a vSphere Metro Storage Cluster (VMSC) deployment.
Site Recovery Manager integrates with a broad range of replication solutions so you can set your recovery point objective (RPO) according to your needs.
- vSphere Replication : A hypervisor-based, VM-centric replication technology independent from the underlying storage and bundled with the vSphere platform.
- Array-based replication support: Use your current storage investments and get options for zero data loss through synchronous replication. See the hardware compatibility list.
Simple and Policy-Based Management
From the initial setup to the ongoing management, Site Recovery Manager delivers simple and policy-based operations thanks to automation and integration with SDDC technology.
- Centralized recovery plans: Create and manage recovery plans for thousands of virtual machines directly from the vSphere Web Client.
- Policy-based management: Storage-profile protection groups identify protected datastores and automate the process of protecting and unprotecting virtual machines and adding and removing datastores from protection groups.
- Automated network mappings: Use VMware NSX logical switches to automatically map network and security policies across the two sites when creating a recovery plan.
- Self-service provisioning: Allow application tenants to provision disaster recovery protection using blueprints in vRealize Automation.