Key New Features of VMware vCenter Operations Management Suite 5.8
Enhanced application monitoring provides out-of-box dashboards for business critical applications (Microsoft SQL, Exchange) with vCenter Hyperic. Leveraging self-learning analytics and automated correlation of application and infrastructure performance, vCenter Operations Management Suite enables greater operational visibility and proactive management capabilities.
Storage analytics provide deep visibility into storage infrastructure bringing together views into topology, stats and events across HBAs, Fabric and Arrays using standardized protocols such as CIM, SIM-S and VASA. This capability enables administrators to easily identify configuration errors, resource starvation issues and performance bottlenecks.
Hyper-V and Amazon web services dashboards provide a single console to monitor private, public and hybrid cloud environments.Customers can choose to leverage existing Microsoft System Center Operations Manager (SCOM) deployment or vCenter Hyperic to monitor multiple hypervisors.
Proactively avoid performance issues and gain deep insights into the health, risk and efficiency of your virtual and physical infrastructure, operating systems and applications.
- Performance data is abstracted to health, risk and efficiency measures that allow IT to efficiently identify building performance problems with less effort.
- Customizable operations dashboards visualize key performance indicators, provide role-based access and enable better collaboration across infrastructure, operations and applications teams.
- Integrated capacity management and cost metering capabilities track the usage, cost and value of IT resources being consumed.
- Intelligent operations groups provide operational visibility into logical groups of resources and applications.
- Flexible group policies prioritize alert types and notifications for business critical applications, production workloads or business units.
Policy Based Automation
Automated root cause analysis, advisory tools and orchestration workflows enable high resource utilization, operational efficiency and enforcement of configuration standards.
- Infrastructure and operations analytics eliminate time-consuming problem resolution processes through automated root cause analysis.
- Automated correlation of health, performance and change events at the infrastructure and guest OS-level help pinpoint lingering performance problems.
- Automated workflow triggers let you associate workflows created in VMware® vCenter™ Orchestrator™ with VMware® vCenter™ Operations Manager™ alerts. For example, these workflows can automatically delete old VM snapshots when available capacity falls below a critical threshold.
- Out of the box templates provide continuous compliance with security best practices, hardening guidelines and regulatory requirements.
- Automated capacity optimization reclaims over-provisioned resources, increases resource utilization. "What If" scenarios eliminate the need for spreadsheets, scripts and rules of thumb. Flexible capacity and cost reporting capabilities provide deep visibility into resource consumption trends.
- Automated provisioning and configuration analysis detects unwanted changes and helps IT maintain continuous compliance with operational best practices and regulatory requirements.
Get a holistic view into what is driving performance, capacity and configuration issues, infrastructure and application dependencies.
- Self-learning performance analytics and dynamic thresholds adapt to the environments to provide fewer and specific alerts of health degradations, performance bottlenecks and capacity shortfalls.
- Automatic discovery of application services and mapping of virtualized infrastructure dependencies enable application-aware management of IT and simplify impact analysis.
- Operational compliance views enable you to proactively enforce configuration standards, detect configuration drift early and automatically remediate against violations of IT policies.
- Extensibility with data feeds from 3rd party storage, network and application monitoring tools allow IT to leverage existing investments and provide an open and extensible platform.
- Designed for VMware vSphere® and purpose-built for cloud, vCenter Operations Management Suite is the optimal solution for managing heterogeneous and hybrid cloud environments.