Powerful Server Virtualization
- Server virtualization. vSphere provides compute virtualization and support for business critical applications and next-generation big data applications with proven CapEx and OpEx savings.
Disaster Recovery Automation
- Disaster recovery at half the cost. Lower the cost of disaster recovery by up to 50 percent by reducing the DR footprint through hyper-converged infrastructure that runs on any x86 platform, simplifying protection through VM-centric policy-based replication and decreasing operational expenses through DR automation.
- One-click recovery. Provision and manage storage and replication policies at the virtual machine level. Setup centralized recovery plans in minutes. Enable individual tenants to provision disaster protection through pre-defined policies. Perform fully automated orchestration of site failover, planned migrations and failback with a single click.
- Test to rest. Perform automated testing of recovery plans in an isolated network to avoid impacting production applications. Test recovery plans as frequently as needed without disruption to ensure predictability of recovery time objectives (RTO) and to simplify regulatory compliance
- Cover all virtualized applications. Expand DR protection to all virtualized applications through flexible, cost-effective vSphere Replication, application-agnostic disaster recovery automation by Site Recovery Manager, and support for a broad range of array-based replication products available through all major storage partners and cloud-based disaster recovery services available through the VMware Service Provider ecosystem.
Automated Delivery for vSphere Environments
- Self-service provisioning. Self-service portal gives authorized administrators, developers or business users control of how they request infrastructure, multi-tier application or custom services based on group, role or policy.
- Infrastructure and application blueprints. Blueprint-based delivery of infrastructure and application services streamlines and simplifies delivery of multi-tier applications and other custom service topologies for vSphere environments.
- Policy-based governance. Policy-based governance controls which service users are allowed to request, the amount or types of resources they can consume, and what actions can be taken across service or workload lifecycle.
- Intelligent resource management. Intelligent resource management assures that resources are allocated based on their business and service-level requirements and right-sizes resources to optimize capacity utilization.
Intelligent Operations for vSphere Environments
- Capacity management. Easily identify and right-size over- and under-provisioned VMs to maximize resource utilization. Model “what if” scenarios to anticipate and optimize future infrastructure spend.
- Predictive analytics and smart alerts. Proactively identify and help troubleshoot and rectify potential issues before they impact service quality, improving performance and avoiding downtime.
- Dashboards. Intuitive dashboards, views and reports create app-to-storage visibility for vSphere environments.
- Policy-based automation. Automate key IT processes and compliance standards to empower admins and optimize efficiency of IT staff.
Business Insight for vSphere Environments
- Resource costing and usage metering. Automated infrastructure costing and usage metering report users’ consumption of virtualized infrastructure and associated costs.
- Resource pricing. Integrated pricing with self-service provisioning make infrastructure expenses transparent to users before consumption.