The Storage category is open to qualified partners interested in building and certifying storage devices for vSphere, and is primarily targeted at Storage vendors. Storage partner can integrate advanced solutions with vSphere such as disaster recovery, multipathing, offload capabilities, storage management. The storage devices created and certified via this program can be released asynchronously by VMware and partners. The program allows partners to develop and certify their plugins and storage devices in a timely fashion, new or update existing ones based on availability of new APIs and new versions of VMware products. Associated devices can be flagged to VMware Ready in the VMware Solution Exchange (VSX) and added to VMware’s Compatibility Guide.
Here is the list of storage program offerings covered under this category:
- Storage Hardware Certifications for vSphere - The Storage Hardware Certification Program enables storage partners to engage with VMware to certify their products with vSphere.
- vStorage APIs for Array Integration (VAAI) Block for vSphere - The VAAI provides storage partners the benefit of integrating closely with vSphere to offload specific storage operations executed on the storage array, as an alternative to host-based operations. This will increase scalability and performance since the operations are done on the array improving effective utilization of storage arrays. VAAI Block is based on T10 SCSI standards.
- vStorage APIs for Array Integration (VAAI) NAS for vSphere - VAAI NAS provides storage partners the benefits mentioned above for VAAI Block, but VAAI NAS is based on file system design solutions.
- Storage Virtual Appliance (SVA) - Offers a comprehensive set of tools and resources to help software storage appliance vendors develop VMware ESX based Storage Virtual Appliances. These appliances allow partners to combine administration server virtualization and storage services on the same x86 based server. On successful completion of the program, Partners get listed on the Hardware Compatibility Listing.
The Storage Hardware Certification Program Guide and instructions on how to access the certification suite are in Partner Central. There is no Development Kit required for this certification suite. vSphere Storage Hardware Certification suite includes vStorage APIs for Array Integration (VAAI) Block. The above program offerings will provide access to Specifications, vStorage API Development Kit including a build environment (sample drivers, build tools, and code scanner), a debugging toolset, documentation (reference/man pages, Porting Guide, and User Guide) and corresponding certification test suites.
- Currently be enrolled in the VMware Technology Alliance Partner (TAP) program at the Elite level.
- For each region where the qualified product is sold, must maintain VMware Certified Professional status for technical support, as well as one VMware Salesperson and one VMware Technical Salesperson certification status.
- VMware program agreement signature.
- Adherence to product support requirements as documented in the program guide.
- TSANet membership and an entry in the VMware custom TSANet portal.
- Publish product on the VMware Solution Exchange.
- General support on VMware vSphere features is purchased separately.
- Initial program fee, as well as per certification submission and support fees.
- Optional development consulting available with an additional fee for VAAI Block, VAAI NAS, and SVA programs.
To get started and express interest in enrolling in the VMware Ready Program, please fill-in the online VMware Ready Request Form.
Please visit the VMware Developer Center for additional program resources, including SDKs, APIs and other certification tools.