SDK Support Program for vSphere APIs, SDKs, PowerCLI
Streamlined vSphere Application and Script Development
- Access experienced vSphere SDK/API engineers to help streamline your application and script development and testing, and get to market faster.
- Take advantage of expert assistance to guide your development process, including sanity checks, best practice recommendations, and work-around suggestions.
- Avoid exposing your proprietary code in public forums by interacting with knowledgeable VMware engineers in confidence.
- Choose from two service levels (Standard and Premium) to best meet your needs.
The VMware SDK Support Program provides guidance to get your third-party vSphere solutions to market more quickly by providing you with access to VMware vSphere Application Programming Interface (API) expert engineers. These professionals have years of experience working with third-party solutions, and possess in-depth knowledge around the intricacies of the powerful vSphere APIs. This program is ideal for Independent Software/Hardware Vendors (ISVs/IHVs), commercial and enterprise organizations building solutions for managing the vSphere platform.
SDK Support is available in two service level agreements: Standard support provides a response within two business days, and Premium support provides a response within one business day. SDK Support engineers won't write or test your code for you, but they may provide sample code to express a suggested solution. If you need help writing code, we recommend contacting your local VMware sales representative or reseller for information on additional service options.
Need more specifics? Learn more about the scope of the SDK Support Program.
Who Should Consider Purchasing This Program?
- Organizations that are customizing and leveraging VMware APIs to manage large environments.
- Developers and administrators building vSphere management solutions using the vSphere API, SDKs, and Command Line Interfaces.
"Our products and solutions manage some of North America's largest data farms, and we rely on VMware APIs and VMware SDK Support to help us manage and reduce complexity. Recently, we were running into performance issues when polling our infrastructure. The Developer Support team quickly made some recommendations, and the changes we made as a result helped improved our code performance by more than 30%."Mike Giles, Sr. Software Engineer, Netiq
"The VMware SDK Support Program helped us by providing sanity checks and workarounds throughout our VMware vSphere API solution development process. The VMware team is extremely professional, they understand my needs and they have in-depth working knowledge of the vSphere APIs."Luc Dekens, Systems Engineer and vExpert
|Feature||SDK Support Program|
|Hours of Operation||12x5|
|Length of Service||1 or 3 Years|
|Products Supported||Support by Product Matrix|
|Method of Access||Standard Support: Web
Premium Support: Web/Call Back By Appointment
|Response Method||Standard Support: Email
Premium Support: Email/Call Back By Appointment
|Max Number of Technical Contacts per Contract||1 Person Per Contract|
|Number of Support Requests||Unlimited for a 12-Month Period|
|Target Response Times
2 Business Days (48 Business Hours); Email
1 Business Day (24 Business Hours); Email/Call Back By Appointment
|Access to VMware Discussion Forums||Yes|
|Access to Knowledge Base||Yes|
|Business Days||Monday - Friday|
VMware Support Offerings
- On Premise
- Basic Support
- Production Support
- Business Critical Support (BCS)
- Mission Critical Support (MCS)
- Extended Support
- IaaS Production Support
- OnDemand Services Online Support
- OnDemand Services Production Support
- SaaS Basic Support
- SaaS Production Support
- SDK Support Program for vSphere
- U.S. Federal Technical Support
- Per Incident Support
- Complimentary Support
- Compare Support Offerings