The VMware vCloud Architecture Toolkit (vCAT) is a set of reference documents designed to help you construct a superior working cloud solution leveraging current technologies, recommended practices and innovative tools that have been proven in real-world enterprises. Written by VMware cloud architects and experts, vCAT provides enterprise IT managers and architects recommended design and support solutions attested, validated and optimized – they represent the most efficient examples and help you make the right choices for your business
VMware vCloud Architecture ToolKit (vCAT) 2.0.1
The VMware vCloud Architecture ToolKit (vCAT) version 2.0.1 includes the following materials. VMware recommends you review these documents in the order listed.
VMware vCloud Architecture Toolkit 2.0.1 Document Descriptions
- Document Map – Document descriptions, function, and table of contents.
- vCAT Introduction – Considerations when first developing your Cloud strategy.
- Private VMware vCloud Service Definition - Business and functional requirements for either Private cloud architectures—complete with sample use cases.
- Public VMware vCloud Service Definition - Business and functional requirements for Public cloud architectures—complete with sample use cases.
Architecting a VMware vCloud
- Design considerations for architecting a VMware vCloud.
Important: Download errata sheet
- Operating a VMware vCloud - Operational considerations for running a VMware vCloud.
- Consuming a VMware vCloud - Organization and user considerations for building and running vApps within a VMware vCloud VMware
vCloud Implementation Examples:
- Hybrid VMware vCloud Use Case