Beyond Server Virtualization
Server virtualization slashed CapEx and OpEx costs by more than more than 50%* while expanding business agility. Now you can virtualize the rest of the data center so that all IT services become as cheap and easy to provision and manage as virtual machines. The software-defined data center architecture extends abstraction, pooling and automation to the rest of your data center resources, including compute, network and storage. You can deploy your virtualized infrastructure on any cloud infrastructure and manage it across platforms.
Private Cloud Delivers Highly Available Apps and Services
Leveraging the software-defined data center architecture, a VMware-based private cloud provides the foundation for achieving highly available applications and services with a standardized and consolidated data center. A private cloud also enables secure and compliant IT, intelligent control of IT operations, rapid application provisioning and ongoing governance.
Improve Efficiency with a Private Cloud
Virtualizing servers is just the beginning. Policy-driven operations management in a private cloud reduces costs, both OpEx and CapEx.
- Server virtualization with vSphere delivers CapEx and OpEx savings of 40-60%*.
- Automated operations management responds to issues before service quality is impacted, increasing utilization and IT productivity.
- Capacity planning and optimization identifies idle and over-provisioned VMs so you can optimize virtual machine density, balancing cost and risk through capacity modeling.
Improve Business Agility through IT Agility
The agility of an organization is often tied to the agility of the IT infrastructure. On-demand deployment with automated resource allocation lets you respond rapidly to changing business demands, keeping business users productive and able to respond rapidly to changing business environments.
- Full abstraction of compute infrastructure lets you provision applications on any hardware stack and vSphere-based private (or public) clouds.
- Automated, policy-driven resource allocation matches resources to business objectives.
- Self-service portal and catalog with policy-based lifecycle management reduces provisioning time for infrastructure, platform and desktop-as-a-service.
Control Cost, Availability and Placement of Apps
Deliver the highest levels of availability with the private cloud’s automated business continuity and virtualization-aware security and compliance. vCloud Suite reduces downtime of tier 1 applications by 36%.
- Deliver business continuity through application-aware availability and automated fault tolerance.
- Protect against threats and configuration drift through virtualization-aware security and compliance.
- Move and scale workloads as needed by using a common management, orchestration, security and compliance model across vSphere-based private and public clouds.
- Solve IT problems faster with rapid detection and root-cause analysis through operational analytics.
Unified Management Platform
Provision and manage workloads in your private cloud, even to other hypervisors and to non-virtualized environments, with the vRealize Suite.
- Provision workloads to other hypervisors, including Microsoft HyperV and KVM.
- Choose from on-site or as-a-service solutions.
- Automate provisioning with policy-based lifecycle management capabilities.
vCloud Suite lets you build and run a vSphere-based private cloud. It includes:
- vSphere: Compute virtualization platform
- vCenter Site Recovery Manager: Automated disaster recovery
- vCloud Networking and Security: Networking and security for virtualized environments
- vRealize Automation: Self-service application catalog
- vRealize Operations: Performance, capacity and configuration management
- vCloud Director: Software-provisioning for software-defined data centers
*VMware Internal TCO Analysis - 2014