Horizon Air Hybrid-Mode enables unified management of on-premises virtual desktops and applications through a single cloud control plane.
Horizon Air Cloud-Hosted Desktop DR protects your business and helps ensure workforce continuity with affordable cloud-hosted desktops and applications.See Details
Simplify management with a single cloud control plane to quickly deliver and manage on-premises virtual desktops and applications on hyper-converged infrastructure.
Blast Extreme, a new protocol built for the mobile cloud, helps ensure that end users can enjoy a better desktop experience across any network, location or device.
With Instant Clone technology, you can deliver pristine high-performance personalized desktops to end users every time they log in, while also drastically lowering infrastructure costs.
Horizon Air Hybrid-Mode with App Volumes enables faster application delivery and management while reducing IT costs by up to 70%.
With Horizon Air Hybrid-Mode, you can combine the economic benefits of the cloud with the simplicity of hyper-converged infrastructure to transform the deliver of virtual desktops and apps. • Get up and running easily, at scale, with preconfigured hyper-converged infrastructure. • Support the broadest range of devices including smartphones, tablets, ultra-low-cost PCs, Macs, and more. • Double IT’s ability to deliver applications without the need to increase staff. • Speed up deployment time from months to weeks, minimizing downtime and substantially increasing user productivity.
Learn how you can simplify virtual desktops and apps by combining the economic benefits of the cloud with the simplicity of hyper-converged infrastructure.
It’s the only application and desktop virtualization service that lets you deliver desktops and application on premises with a single cloud control plane. You can configure desktops, apps and policies for groups of users, without having to deploy any management infrastructure.
- Leverage a unified cloud management console to manage your on-premises desktop and application services.
- Easily get up and running at scale with preconfigured, hyper-converged infrastructure.
- Horizon Air Hybrid-Mode hyper-converged appliances will offer plug-and-play simplicity so virtual desktops and applications can be up and running in less than an hour.
Horizon Air Hybrid-Mode leverages VMware Instant Clone technology coupled with App Volumes to dramatically reduce infrastructure requirements while enhancing security. These technologies empower you to deliver brand-new personalized desktop and app services instantly to end users every time they log in.
- Reduce endpoint security concerns by destroying desktops every time a user logs off.
- Drastically lower infrastructure costs by pooling required infrastructure.
- Drive down storage costs by more than 30% with a truly stateless desktop.
Blast Extreme, a new protocol built for the mobile cloud, helps ensure that end users enjoy a better desktop experience across any network, location or device.
- Support the broadest range of devices including smartphones, tablets, ultra-low-cost PCs, Macs, and more.
- Dynamically choose between VMware’s Blast Extreme or PCoIP display technology to deliver the best possible user experience even within the most challenging, high-latency environments.
- Enjoy superior native support for non-Windows devices, including Macs.
Easily support end users with access to virtual desktops and published applications. Transform application management from a slow, cumbersome process into a highly scalable, nimble mechanism that provides faster application delivery and application management while reducing IT costs by up to 70%.
- Provide a modern application delivery architecture that reduces storage and operational costs with one-to-many provisioning, painless packaging, and stable installation.
- Free up crucial IT resources from repetitive application maintenance tasks and decrease the time spent managing images by up to 95%.
- Double IT’s ability to deliver applications without the need to increase staff.
VMware Horizon Air Hybrid-Mode service takes the complexity out of virtual desktops and apps, providing transparent, predictable pricing.
Horizon Air Hybrid-Mode is available in two offerings:
The service begins with a core subscription for 100 users. From there, you can add users at any time. The additional users will have the same term as your core subscription. Horizon Air Hybrid-Mode service is offered in 1-, 2-, and 3-year contract terms with various options.
|Payment Terms||Billed monthly, annually or prepaid for the life of the term. Additional discounts available for volume and term length.|
|Included at No Additional Cost||
VMware Horizon Air Hybrid-Mode represents a new approach to building, delivering and managing virtual workspaces. The Horizon Air Hybrid-Mode service combined with the world’s leading converged and hyper-converged infrastructure (Dell, EMC, QCT, HDS, and others) delivers virtual desktops and applications on-premises managed by single cloud control plane.
With Horizon Air Hybrid-Mode, we give empower you to choose the pre-configured, hyper-converged infrastructure of your choice so you can get your desktops and applications up and running in less than an hour.
Horizon Air Hybrid-Mode Supported Hardware Models*
VxRail160 All Flash
VxRail200 All Flash
VxRail240 All Flash
Quanta Cloud Technology (cert pending)
QuantaPlex T41S-2U (4-Node)
Hitachi Data Systems (cert pending)
VMware Horizon Air Hybrid-Mode is supported on hardware platforms that have the following minimum specifications:
vSphere ESXi 6.0U2 & up
Shared storage like virtual SAN
Min CPU = 2x12C (either Haswell / Intel v3 or Broadwell / Intel v4)
Min Memory = 256GB
Min Storage = 8-9TB useable disk
1. Virtual SAN Ready Nodes certified by VMware
i. Certified for ESXi 6.0 U2
ii. All Flash: AF-6 Series & up*
iii. Hybrid: HY-8 Series & up*
iv. Minimum of 4 Virtual SAN Ready Nodes of the chosen model are required
*Base HCL Virtual SAN Ready Node configurations may be improved with additional CPU cores, increased physical memory, larger cache disk, and/or larger/faster drives to derive an ideal price for performance configuration.
i. All Flash or Hybrid
Working with VMware has never been easier. As a strategic partner for VMware’s Horizon Air Hybrid-Mode service, you have the ability to provide supported hyperconverged infrastructure, deliver bundled offerings, host the infrastructure or provide managed services for customers.
VMware works with the world’s leading technology partners to deliver the most comprehensive, turnkey hybrid VDI solution. Join the partner ecosystem today and increase market opportunities for your organization.