vCloud Air Disaster Recovery
VMware vCloud Air Disaster Recovery is a recovery-as-a-service offering. It provides simple, affordable protection in the cloud for your vSphere environment.
Protect up to 500 virtual machines per subscription, on an as-needed basis.
Custom Recovery Point Objectives
Set a unique recovery point objective (RPO) value per virtual machine from 15 minutes to 24 hours.
Flexible Failover Testing
Test various failover scenarios as often as necessary during the service period.
Elastic Cloud Compute and Storage
Flexible subscription options can be expanded as needed. One-time compute capacity can be added for short-term failover and recovery requirements.
Platform & Architecture
vCloud Air Disaster Recovery is a recovery-as-a-service solution built on vSphere Replication and vCloud Air – a hybrid cloud platform for infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS). It leverages vSphere Replication to provide powerful, asynchronous replication capabilities at the hypervisor layer.
- Allows virtual machines in vSphere to be easily configured for disaster recovery
- Removes traditional dependencies on underlying infrastructure hardware or data center mirroring
- Provides per-virtual-machine replication and restore granularity
- Uses vCloud Air as a scalable platform for compute infrastructure and storage capacity
- Site Recovery Manager Air, available soon, will offer recovery plan management and orchestration
What Our Customers Are Saying
It's a no-brainer to use vCloud Air Disaster Recovery. It is as simple as turning it on.
Patrick Tickle, Executive VP of Products