When you create a virtual data center instance in a Dedicated Cloud with at least one public IP address, vCloud Air automatically creates a default network. The default network includes settings for the gateway, networks, and various services. To see the default network settings, you can use the vCloud Air and vCloud Director user interfaces.
Watch the video
By default, whenever you create a new virtual data center with at least one public IP address, an internal network and a routed gateway network are created. As seen in the image below.
4. Click the Networks tab, and note the following:
5. Click Manage in vCloud Director to access the vCloud Director user interface.
In the vCloud Director user interface, you can examine the default networking at a more granular level.
2. To review the services for the isolated network, click the network name, and then click Configure Services.
3. In the Configure Services windows, review the DHCP tab:
4. Click Cancel to return to the vCloud Director Administration UI.
5. To review the services for the default routed network, click the network name, and then click Configure Services.
6. In the Configure Services window, review the DHCP tab:
7. Click through the remaining tabs in the Configure Services window, and note the following default settings:
|NAT||NAT is not enabled|
|Firewall||The Firewall is enabled and set to Deny for all rules.This means that if you connect to virtual machines to the default routed network, you must configure the firewall to allow traffic to get them to.|
|Status Routing||Static routing is not enabled.|
|VPN||VPN is not enabled.|
|Load Balancer||Load balancing is not enabled.|
8. Click Cancel to return to the vCloud Director Administration UI.
The vCloud Director user interface also shows you the gateway's default settings in more detail.
2. To review the properties for the gateway, click the gateway name, and then click Properties.
3. In the Edge Gateway Properties window, review the General tab, and note that high availability is enabled by default.
4. Click the Configure IP Settings tab, and note the following: