The gateway in vCloud Air provides firewall protection for incoming and outgoing traffic. In this example, we create a simple firewall rule and then reconfigure the gateway to recognize it.
Watch the video
If you're not already logged in, to get started:
6. Click Cancel to return to the vCloud Director Administration window.
7. To configure firewall settings, select the gateway again, and then click Edge Gateway Services.
8. In the Configure Services window, click the Firewall tab and note the following:
9. Click Add to create a firewall rule.
10. In the Add Firewall Rule window, complete the following fields:
11. Click OK to create the firewall rule and return to the Configure Services window.
After creating new firewall rules, you must reconfigure the gateway to recognize them.
12. In the Configure Services window, go to the Firewall tab and click OK.
13. Verify that the firewall is configured by pinging the gateway and watching that traffic is allowed through.
Alternatively, you can manage and edit firewall settings from the routed network.