With vCloud Air, you can use templates to quickly deploy virtual machines in a virtual data center. This guide takes a look at how to create a private catalog to hold the templates and then upload a template through the Java applet.
Watch the video
To review previously deployed public catalogs:
3. On the Virtual Data Center Details screen, click Manage Catalogs in vCloud Director.
4. Once in the vCloud Director UI, go to the Catalogs screen, and then click Public Catalogs in the navigation pane.
5. Click the Public Catalog subheading to see the existing templates provided by VMware.
To create a private catalog so that you can upload your own templates to it:
3. Click the Add Members button to open the Share To Users and Groups window.
4. Set sharing rules and then click OK.
5. Back in the New Catalog window, confirm the settings and click Next.
6. Click Finish to create the Templates catalog.
To upload a template to the new catalog:
2. On the vApp Templates tab, click the Upload button to open the window for the Java applet upload.
3. Complete the fields in the Java applet upload window as follows:
4. Click Upload.
5. In the Transfer progress window, verify that the upload has started.
6. When the upload completes, close the Transfer progress window to return to the vCloud Director UI.
7. On the vApp Templates tab, monitor the progress as the upload is transferred to the data store and imported into the catalog.