VMware Unveils Next-Generation VMware Partner Network, Simplifying How Partners Deliver Virtualization Solutions
New Program Will Provide Solution-based Competencies, Enhanced Information Portal to Help Partners Build Successful VMware Virtualization Practices
ORLANDO, Fla., April 14, 2009 – Today at Partner Exchange 2009, VMware, Inc. (NYSE: VMW), the global leader in virtualization solutions from the desktop to the datacenter, unveiled the VMware Partner Network, VMware’s next-generation partner program. The VMware Partner Network is a comprehensive program that will provide a common infrastructure, extensive sales and services tools, margin opportunities and industry-recognized training for VMware’s entire partner ecosystem, from sales partners and solution providers to technology partners and original equipment manufacturers (OEMs). The program will provide new solution competencies and a simplified information portal to make engaging with VMware even easier so that partners can maximize their investments in VMware virtualization and provide customers with the best end-to-end virtualization solutions available.
“Our partners are key to providing customers the significant business benefits of VMware virtualization, and we are proud that our robust partner community has invested so much in our trusted, industry-leading solutions,” said Carl Eschenbach, executive vice president of worldwide field operations, VMware. “We are now matching their trust with an investment of our own. The VMware Partner Network is designed to deliver competency-based training and tools to help our partners grow their virtualization practices and continue to be trusted advisers to customers of all sizes.”
The VMware Partner Network builds on VMware’s existing award-winning partner program to provide support for all types of partners, including solution providers, corporate resellers, system builders, service providers, systems integrators and outsourcers, training centers, technology partners and OEMs. New program benefits that will be available to all partners include:
- Competencies: VMware has established new competency-based training that will enable partners to clearly differentiate their solution expertise to customers. Partners will be able to receive certifications in four competencies: infrastructure virtualization, business continuity, desktop virtualization and virtualization management.
- New and improved information portal: VMware has revamped its partner portal, Partner Central, which will enable partners to more easily access the marketing and sales tools, leads modules, market development funds, service IP and other tools needed to grow their VMware virtualization business.
- Partner University: Unveiled at VMworld Europe 2009, VMware Partner University is the virtual campus that helps accelerate partners’ virtualization practices through high-quality training and education on VMware products, services and solutions under one convenient, central framework. New enhancements to Partner University include access to VMware’s new virtualization solution competencies. Organized into role-based learning paths, Partner University makes it easy for partners to develop their virtualization expertise and to earn industry-recognized accreditation and certification based on their individual focus areas.
The VMware Partner Network will continue to provide partners with other benefits of VMware’s award-winning partner program:
- The advantage+ opportunity registration program delivers best-in-class margin enhancements to VMware partners, depending on program level, and is designed to help reward partners’ investments when proactively selling VMware products and solutions with an up-front discount to distribution and back-end rebate program paid to partners. VMware is also announcing new solution+, which will focus on providing partners additional margin opportunity when they complete one of the new competencies and sell related VMware solutions such as VMware ViewTM, VMware Site Recovery Manager, VMware vCenterTM Lab Manager, VMware vCenter Stage Manager and VMware vCenter Lifecycle Manager.
- The Alliance Affiliate Initiativeis a co-marketing initiative that can help accelerate partner profitability and reward joint solution selling. Technology partners from a broad range of technology sectors have created VMware-specific virtualization training and tools for solution providers as well as financial incentives on the sale of their products combined with VMware solutions.
- Services enablement tools such as standardized service kits, solution acceleration kits, delivery methodologies and service automation tools are available to partners at different program levels to help them develop and deliver virtualization services that extend their profitability.
The VMware Partner Network is expected to be available to partners later in the second quarter of 2009. For more information on the VMware Partner Network, please visit www.vmware.com/partners.
VMware (NYSE: VMW) is the global leader in virtualization solutions from the desktop to the datacenter. Customers of all sizes rely on VMware to reduce capital and operating expenses, ensure business continuity, strengthen security and go green. With 2008 revenues of <span id="RC:/templatedata/content/reusable/data/global_variables/var_br_revenues">$1.9 billion</span>, more than 130,000 customers and more than 22,000 partners, VMware is one of the fastest growing public software companies. Headquartered in Palo Alto, California, VMware is majority-owned by EMC Corporation (NYSE: EMC). For more information, visit www.vmware.com.
Statements made in this press release which are not statements of historical fact are forward-looking statements and are subject to the safe harbor provisions created by the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Such forward-looking statements relate, but are not limited, to the deployment and benefits of new product distribution, partnering and training programs. Actual results could differ materially from those projected in the forward-looking statements as a result of certain risk factors, including but not limited to: (i) the duration and deepening of negative economic or market conditions; (ii) delays or reductions in consumer or information technology spending; (iii) competitive factors, including but not limited to pricing pressures, industry consolidation, entry of new competitors into the virtualization market, and new product and marketing initiatives by our competitors; (iv) our customers’ ability to develop, and to transition to, new products, (v) the uncertainty of customer acceptance of emerging technology initiatives; (vi) rapid technological and market changes in virtualization software; (vii) changes to product development timelines; (viii) our ability to protect our proprietary technology; (ix) our ability to attract and retain highly qualified employees; and (x) fluctuating currency exchange rates. These forward looking statements are based on current expectations and are subject to uncertainties and changes in condition, significance, value and effect as well as other risks detailed in documents filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including the report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2009, which could cause actual results to vary from expectations. VMware disclaims any obligation to update any such forward-looking statements after the date of this release.
# # #
VMware is a registered trademark and/or trademark of VMware, Inc. in the United States and/or other jurisdictions. All other marks and names mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective companies. The use of the word “partner” or “partnership” does not imply a legal partnership relationship between VMware and any other company.