VMware News Releases
Socialcast Delivers Secure, Real-Time Collaboration to the Extended Enterprise
First enterprise social networking solution to offer secure workspaces with external team members, in-context with business critical systems
SAN FRANCISCO, Calif., July 26, 2011 – Socialcast®, recently acquired by VMware, Inc. (NYSE: VMW), today announced a set of offerings designed to support the extended enterprise – the growing collection of partners, vendors, contractors and customers used by modern organizations to get work done.
Key to these advancements is External Contributors, a new premium feature that extends its enterprise collaboration platform to include third-party contributors within a company's Socialcast community. When combined with Socialcast Reach™,Socialcast becomes the first enterprise social networking provider to enable organizations to create secure, enterprise workspaces where employees, partners, vendors, contractors and customers can collaborate in-context with business critical systems.
"The success of consumer social networks ignited a movement, bringing tools into the workplace to help internal employees communicate more effectively," said Tim Young, founder of Socialcast and vice president, Social Enterprise for VMware. "Modern organizations operate on a global scale with distributed workforces that rely on a complex ecosystem of partners to get work done. Unlike other solutions that require the creation of separate silos for external communities, Socialcast enables enterprises to securely integrate external contributors into existing enterprise work streams. Virtual teams now have the tools to support the way people naturally engage and get work done in today’s global marketplace."
Socialcast adds three enterprise features available today – External Contributors, User Roles and Org Charts supporting the extended enterprise:
- External Contributors centralizes the communication of distributed teams in a secure workspace inside a company's Socialcast community, increasing productivity by improving the information flow around people and their work.
- User Roles allows community administrators or IT within large enterprises to create permission-based access to premium features such as Reach, Social Business Analytics and External Contributors, eliminating the burden on IT and community administrators for access and setup. This represents the first role-based update to these tools on the market, allowing more people access to data without opening up administrative control.
- Org Charts makes it easier for people to understand "Who's Who" in the company and their social interactions without ever having to leave the Socialcast community.
Socialcast Reach is a powerful extension to the core Socialcast platform. Reach enables in-context views of valuable, relevant conversations across critical business systems like Microsoft SharePoint, Salesforce.com, SAP, and others, providing cross-functional visibility into the organization’s key interactions.
Socialcast Reach allows companies to bring the conversation into applications that employees are most familiar with—the first such capability introduced in today's collaboration landscape. Employees are now able to focus on their work while having a view into relevant interactions or an opportunity to find expertise.
- Read moreabout how Socialcast's new features support the extended enterprise
- Read more from Socialcast founder Tim Young on the power of embedded contextual collaboration
- Read the news releaseannouncing Socialcast Reach
- See and download screen shotsof Socialcast's newest offerings
- Read more about VMware's vision for the next generation workspace
- Follow Socialcast on Facebook and/or Twitter @Socialcast
Socialcast, recently acquired by VMware, Inc., is a social network for business uniting people, information, and applications with its real-time enterprise activity stream engine. Behind the firewall or in the cloud, Socialcast enables instant collaboration in a secure environment. Socialcast is a VMware company, and is headquartered in San Francisco, California. For more information visit www.socialcast.com or call 1-888-779-3220.
Socialcast and Socialcast Reach are trademarks of Socialcast, Inc., that may be registered in some jurisdictions. All other trademarks used are the property of their respective owners