VMware Delivers VMware vCenter Operations Management™ Suite
PALO ALTO, Calif., Jan. 25, 2012 — VMware, Inc. (NYSE: VMW), the global leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure, today announced the general availability of the VMware vCenter Operations Management™ Suite. Part of VMware’s comprehensive management portfolio, the VMware vCenter Operations Management Suite is designed to help customers deliver IT as a service by simplifying and automating the operations of virtual and cloud environments.
"The highly dynamic nature of cloud infrastructure has outpaced traditional operations management disciplines, requiring customers to think differently about how to manage their virtual and cloud environments," said Rob Smoot, director, product marketing, Enterprise Management, VMware. "The VMware vCenter Operations Management™ Suite provides customers with greater visibility ‘under the hood’ of their infrastructures, and it provides the actionable intelligence customers need to optimize efficiency, enable compliance and proactively manage service levels."
Unveiled in October 2011, VMware's new management portfolio redefines IT management by embedding and integrating management into the platform, converging disciplines to streamline processes and applying analytics to help customers achieve the agility and economics of cloud computing. Updates to the VMware vCenter Operations Management Suite include deeper integration of capacity and configuration management capabilities and new "application awareness" to enable customers to optimize infrastructure operations based on application needs.
"The next step in our journey to cloud computing is to streamline and automate the operations of our cloud infrastructure," said Matthew Cunningham, Senior Vice President of IT, CareCore National. "The VMware vCenter Operations Management Suite gives us better visibility into key performance, health and efficiency indicators across the operational and infrastructure environments and allows us to achieve higher service levels of our business-critical applications from a single management console."
The VMware vCenter Operations Suite is tightly integrated with VMware vSphere®, and includes the following new features:
- Tighter integration of performance, capacity and configuration management VMware continues to deliver on its strategy of converging management disciplines with deeper integration of VMware vCenter Capacity IQ™ and VMware vCenter Configuration Manager™ into the vCenter Operations Management Suite. This helps customers to identify emerging problems, “right size” infrastructure resources, and identify and remediate performance issues caused by configuration changes.
- New dashboard and smart alerts for quicker, more effective health analysisLeveraging the deeper integration of capacity and configuration management data, VMware has enhanced the vCenter Operations Management dashboard to provide more comprehensive views into health, risk and efficiency of cloud infrastructure. New smart alerts provide proactive notifications of emerging health, performance and capacity issues. Automated root cause analysis can identify the offending metric across all layers of the infrastructure.
- "Application Awareness" optimizes infrastructure for business-critical applicationsThe VMware vCenter Operations Management Suite includes a new application awareness capability that can automatically discover and map the relationships and dependencies between applications and the infrastructure components that support them. This can help customers optimize infrastructure operations such as security management and disaster recovery based on individual application needs.
Pricing and Availability
The updated VMware vCenter Operations Management Suite is available in four editions to meet the IT operations needs of customers of all sizes – from small and midsized businesses (SMBs) to large enterprises. List prices start at $50 per VM. Updates are also available as a free upgrade for current VMware vCenter Operations customers. For more information, visit http://www.vmware.com/products/vcenter-operations/buy.html
- Learn more about VMware vCenter Operations Management Suite
- Read the VMware Management Brochure
- Visit the VMware Virtualization & Cloud Management blog
- Get product datasheet and graphics
- Read the VMware Virtualization & Cloud Infrastructure Management Whitepaper
- Read “It’s Time to Rethink IT Management” blog post by VMware CTO, Steve Herrod
- Read “vCenter Operations Management Suite is now Available” blog post by VMware director product marketing, enterprise management, Rob Smoot
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable businesses to thrive in the Cloud Era. Customers rely on VMware to help them transform the way they build, deliver and consume Information Technology resources in a manner that is evolutionary and based on their specific needs. With 2011 revenues of $3.77 billion, VMware has more than 300,000 customers and 25,000 partners. The company is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices throughout the world and can be found online at www.vmware.com.
# # #
VMware, VMware vSphere, VMware vCenter and VMware vCenter Operations Management are registered trademarks and/or trademarks of VMware, Inc. in the United States and/or other jurisdictions. All other marks and names mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective companies. The use of the word "partner" or "partnership" does not imply a legal partnership relationship between VMware and any other company.