VMware News Releases
VMware Announces General Availability of VMware vCloud® Suite 5.1
Comprehensive Cloud Infrastructure and Management Solution Delivers the Software-Defined Datacenter
PALO ALTO, Calif. Sept. 11, 2012—VMware, Inc. (NYSE: VMW), the global leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure, today announced the general availability of the new VMware vCloud Suite 5.1, a complete, integrated cloud infrastructure solution that integrates VMware’s leading virtualization, cloud infrastructure and management portfolio into a single SKU, simplifying the adoption of cloud era technologies.
“The VMware vCloud® Suite 5.1 is the first and most comprehensive solution for delivering the software-defined datacenter,” said Mike Clayville, vice president, product marketing, cloud infrastructure products, VMware. “By bringing together everything customers may need to build and manage agile, reliable cloud infrastructure, the VMware vCloud Suite simplifies and automates IT operations and delivers on the promise of cloud computing.”
The VMware vCloud Suite 5.1 extends the benefits of virtualization to every domain in the datacenter – compute, storage, networking, and the associated availability and security services. It includes industry leading virtualization, software-defined datacenter services, policy-based provisioning, disaster recovery, and application and operations management capabilities delivered by:
- VMware vSphere® 5.1 – With more than 100 enhancements and new features, VMware’s virtualization platform is the proven foundation for the software-defined datacenter, delivering the highest service levels for all applications, including business-critical workloads and low-latency, I/O-sensitive applications.
- VMware vCloud Director® 5.1 – With scalability improvements that support “elastic” virtual datacenters spanning multiple VMware vSphere clusters and up to 30,000 VMs, VMware vCloud Director 5.1 allows customers to provision complete virtual datacenter services in minutes.
- VMware vCloud Networking and Security 5.1 – Providing a full set of software-defined networking capabilities, the new VMware vCloud Networking and Security enables the dynamic creation of virtual networks and services that are completely decoupled and independent from the physical network hardware.
- VMware vCenter™ Site Recovery Manager™ 5.1 – To enhance the availability and rapid recovery of applications running in the software-defined datacenter, vCenter Site Recovery Manager 5.1 simplifies and automates disaster recovery planning, testing and execution.
To help customers simplify and automate management and operations of their cloud environments, the VMware vCloud Suite also includes vFabric Application Director™, vCenter Operations Management Suite™ and vCloud Connector™ to speed application provisioning, move workloads between clouds, and bring intelligent automation to capacity planning, performance and compliance management.
Pricing and Availability
The VMware vCloud Suite 5.1 is now generally available in three editions – Standard, Advanced and Enterprise – and includes the following products: VMware vSphere Enterprise Plus, VMware vCloud Director, VMware vCloud Connector, VMware vCloud Networking and Security, VMware vFabric Application Director, VMware vCenter Operations Management Suite and VMware vCenter Site Recovery Manager. The VMware vCloud Suite is licensed per processer with no core, vRAM or number of VM limits with prices starting at $4,995 per processor.
Go to VMware vCloud Suite Pricing page
- Go to VMware NOW to learn more about the VMware vCloud Suite
- Go to the VMworld® 2012 Press Kit
- Read VMware CTO Steve Herrod’s blog: The Software-Defined Datacenter meets VMworld
- Read VMware CTO of Cloud Networking & Security Allwyn Sequeira’s blog: Unveiling Software-Defined Networking and Security at VMworld 2012
- Read VMware Principal Engineer Kit Colbert’s blog: Managing the Software-Defined Datacenter
- Connect with VMware on Twitter and Facebook
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable businesses to thrive in the Cloud Era. Customers rely on VMware to help them transform the way they build, deliver and consume Information Technology resources in a manner that is evolutionary and based on their specific needs. With 2011 revenues of $3.77 billion, VMware has more than 400,000 customers and 55,000 partners. The company is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices throughout the world and can be found online at www.vmware.com.
VMware, VMware vCloud, vCloud Director, vSphere, vCenter, Site Recovery Manager, and VMworld are registered trademarks and/or trademarks of VMware, Inc. in the United States and other jurisdictions. All other marks and names mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective companies. The use of the word “partner” or “partnership” does not imply a legal partnership relationship between VMware and any other company.