VMware Announces Speaker and Exhibitor Lineups for VMworld Europe 2009
FRIMLEY, UK and PALO ALTO, Calif. – January 14, 2009 — VMware, Inc. (NYSE: VMW), the global leader in virtualization solutions from the desktop to the datacenter, today announced that nine of the IT industry’s leading vendors have confirmed their participation at VMworld Europe 2009 as Platinum sponsors of the event. At the same time, the company announced that keynote addresses at the event will be headed by Paul Maritz, President and CEO of VMware; Dr. Stephen Herrod, Chief Technology Officer, VMware; and Dr. Wolfgang Krips, Managing Director, SAP Hosting.
Headline sponsors of the second VMworld Europe conference have been confirmed as CA, Dell, Fujitsu Siemens, EMC, HP, IBM, Intel, NetApp and Symantec. VMware is the overall event sponsor of VMworld Europe 2009.
VMworld Europe 2009 will build on the success of the first VMworld Europe conference, which more than 4,500 delegates attended. This year, VMware is expecting more than 5,000 attendees at the Palais des Festivals in Cannes between 24-26 February. The event has rapidly become Europe’s largest virtualization forum. Alongside these nine Platinum sponsors, nearly 70 other exhibitors have confirmed their participation, bringing innovative virtualization offerings to the event, as well as a strong presence from vendors with traditional networking, storage, applications and security expertise.
“The first VMworld Europe was a significant landmark for both VMware and the wider virtualization community,” said Reza Malekzadeh, EMEA Senior Director of Products and Marketing. “The broad support for this year’s conference, characterized by the impressive list of Platinum sponsors, demonstrates the extent to which virtualization technology has been accepted as a standard part of the IT infrastructure, whether it is being used to deliver IT services in the datacenter, on the desktop or through the cloud. VMworld conferences have become synonymous with technological innovation, thought leadership and a sense of excitement at the transformative nature of virtualization and VMworld Europe 2009 is on course to continue this tradition.”
VMworld Europe 2008 garnered very high customer satisfaction with 97% saying they would recommend attending to others, 85% likely to travel to VMworld Europe 2009 and 63% of respondents rating VMworld 2008 Europe higher than any other conference in 2008.
VMworld Europe 2009 will feature:
- Keynotes from senior VMware executives and industry thought leaders on the latest trends and developments in virtualization adoption
- A significant breakout programme including solution tracks, hands-on labs, ‘genius bars’, product and technology demonstrations and specific sessions for partners, developers, press and analysts
- A Solutions Exchange showcasing new products and technology innovations from the leading players in the virtualization market covering Enterprises through to Small and Medium Businesses
- Hands-on Labs providing an opportunity to explore the newest VMware software in a practical, hands-on setting. Sessions will include developing virtualization solutions for security, test and development, virtual desktop infrastructure and disaster recovery.
- A comprehensive Press and Analyst Track, offering exclusive access to executives and in-depth briefings on the key show announcements
- VMware Partner Day dedicated to educating partners looking to build their business around virtual infrastructure.
For more information on VMworld Europe 2009 please visit www.vmworld.com/europe. Registration for Europe’s largest virtualization event is still open, while physical space lasts.
VMware (NYSE: VMW) is the global leader in virtualization solutions from the desktop to the datacenter. Customers of all sizes rely on VMware to reduce capital and operating expenses, ensure business continuity, strengthen security and go green. With 2007 revenues of $1.3 billion, more than 120,000 customers and more than 20,000 partners, VMware is one of the fastest growing public software companies. Headquartered in Palo Alto, California, VMware is majority-owned by EMC Corporation (NYSE: EMC). For more information, visit www.vmware.com.
VMware is a registered trademark or trademark of VMware, Inc. in the United States and/or other jurisdictions. All other marks and names mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective companies.