Your desktop just got better, more personal, and easier to manage with VMware® Horizon Mirage™- the layered PC image management solution.
Simplified Windows 7 Migrations
VMware® Horizon Mirage™ can drastically reduce the time needed to migrate to Windows 7. By accelerating its Windows 7 migration with Horizon Mirage, a 5,000-person organization could save $600,000 in IT time and more than $1 million in user productivity.
- Accelerated Windows 7 migrations – A manual Windows 7 migration can often take between four and six hours per PC. Using a data and settings migration tool can cut the time down to two to three hours per PC and allow concurrent migration of multiple machines. However, the process still consumes IT resources and removes the user from their PC. With Horizon Mirage, a single technician can concurrently handle 100 or more migrations per day from the central management console. IT does not have to touch the PC and user downtime is typically 30 minutes.
- Choose your migration approach – Horizon Mirage offers two options to fit the most common approaches to Windows 7 migrations: upgrade an existing, in-place Windows XP device to Windows 7; or migrate a user’s profile and files from the previous Windows XP device to new Windows 7 hardware.
- Automated backups – Before the migration, Horizon Mirage takes a snapshot of the entire Windows XP system, so if something goes wrong, you can quickly restore the end user.
- Automated, in-place Windows 7 migration with Sophos 5.5 endpoint encryption – IT does not need to de-crypt and re-crypt the endpoint.
- Extensive support – Horizon Mirage offers support for Windows Vista OS for Disaster Recovery and Windows 7 Migration.
With layered images of each PC, Horizon Mirage makes it easy to restore desktops, migrate PCs and perform other IT maintenance.
- Layered PC image management – Manage your desktop image as a set of logical layers owned by either IT or the end user. Update IT-managed layers while maintaining end-user files and personalization. If a desktop is malfunctioning, IT can restore the system layers to fix an issue without overwriting user layers. Or, quickly migrate a user from an old PC to a new one without losing data, profiles or user-installed applications.
- Image management for Horizon View virtual desktops – IT can leverage Horizon Mirage for managing images on Horizon View virtual desktops. This capability allows management of the OS and applications on full clone virtual machines within persistent desktop pools. User-installed applications and data can stay in tact during image updates. IT can effectively use Horizon Mirage to manage both physical and virtual endpoints at scale.
- Desktop recovery – Ensure desktop recovery with full PC snapshots and synchronizations any time there's a change to the data center. Minimize end-user downtime when an end user's PC has been lost, stolen or damaged and quickly restore the end-user system to a new device.
- Application layering – Easily deploy applications or VMware ThinApp packages to any collection of end users by leveraging Horizon Mirage's app-layering technology.
- Branch office optimization – Enable any Horizon Mirage client endpoint into a Branch Reflector to optimize branch office management. Horizon Mirage Branch Reflector allows you to download any update from the Horizon Mirage Server and allows peer-to-peer updates to other Horizon Mirage clients in the branch office. Advanced algorithms ensure that only required data is sent between the Horizon Mirage server and Horizon Mirage clients in a remote location or office.
Horizon Mirage delivers an optimized and adaptive experience, ensuring that IT backups and synchronizations never interfere with productivity.
- Optimized and adaptive experience – The Horizon Mirage client monitors the resources being used on an end user's desktop to ensure that the backup and synchronization processes never interfere with productivity.
- Personalized performance – Allow end users to leverage the local computing resources on their desktops and laptops while maintaining offline productivity. Natively install Horizon Mirage-managed images onto Windows PCs or as virtual desktops on Mac or Linux machines with VMware Fusion Pro.
- Self-service file access and recovery – The Horizon Mirage File Portal allows end users to access any file from any web browser. End users can also restore any file or any directory on their own with just a few clicks.