VMware® vCenter™ Site Recovery Manager™ is a disaster recovery solution that provides automated orchestration and non-disruptive testing of centralized recovery plans.
Centralized Recovery Plans
- Create and manage recovery plans directly from VMware® vCenter Server™.
- Automatically discover and display virtual machines protected by vSphere Replication or array-based replication.
- Map virtual machines to appropriate resources on the failover site.
- Extend recovery plans with custom scripts.
- Control access to recovery plans with role-based access controls.
- Receive automatic alerts about possible site failure.
- Initiate recovery plan execution from vCenter Server with a single click.
- Automated boot of protected virtual machines with pre-specified boot sequence.
- Automated reconfiguration of virtual machine IP addresses at failover site.
- Manage and monitor execution of recovery plans from vCenter Server.
- Automate failback to original production site using original recovery plan.
- Automatically re-protect virtual machines by reversing replication to the original site.
- Available also with vSphere Replication.
- Automate execution of recovery testing.
- Use storage snapshot to perform recovery tests without losing replicated data.
- Connect virtual machines to an existing isolated network to avoid impacting production applications.
- Automate cleanup of testing environments after completing tests.
- Store, view and export results of test and failover execution from VMware vCenter Server.
- Automate planned migrations with graceful shutdown of protected virtual machines at the original site.
- Ensure complete replication of virtual machine data in an application-consistent state, prior to initiating migration.
- Perform data sync to force complete replication of powered-off virtual machines to the failover site.
Support for vSphere Replication
- Only true hypervisor-based replication for vSphere.
- Manage replication directly through vCenter, at a granular virtual-machine level.
- Storage-agnostic replication that supports use of low-end storage, including direct-attached storage.
- Asynchronous replication with flexible RPOs ranging from 15 minutes to 24 hours.
- Replicate only changed blocks to increase network efficiency.
- Multiple point-in-time recovery allows reversion to earlier known states.
Support for Third-Party, Array-Based Replication
- Broad choice of compatible storage arrays and replication products from all major vendors.
- Leverage iSCSI, FibreChannel or NFS-based storage replication solutions.
- Tight integration with Site Recovery Manager through Storage Replication Adapters (SRA). Download the full list of compatible arrays.
Disaster Recovery to the Cloud Based on Site Recovery Manager
- Disaster recovery available through major VMware service providers.
- Use a cloud service provider as the failover target.
- Use Site Recovery Manager to automate recovery and testing.