About the EMEA VBC
By inviting VMware customers and partners to the EMEA VBC, you will create opportunities and accelerate deal momentum, while building lasting customer and partner relationships.
The EMEA VBC is equipped with 4 briefing rooms: Neo, Trinity, Morpheus and Cypher, (named after characters from the famous Matrix movie featuring computers in a 'virtual' world). This is a welcoming environment where your customer/partner can participate in interactive and speaker led demos, have access to telephone and e-mail, experience our catering services and receive VMware branded customer gifts on request.
During their visit to the EMEA VBC your customers and partners can:
- Receive a customer briefing crafted to address their specific business needs.
- Experience interactive and presenter-led demos that demonstrate VMware solutions in action.
- Talk with VMware technical experts.
- Tour the innovative VMware Frimley campus.
Enjoy Your Stay
Our goal is to make your visit to the VMware Briefing Center easy and enjoyable. Read below for information to local hotels, transportation assistance, and dinner reservations at local restaurants.
Penny Hill Park Hotel
London Road, Bagshot, Surrey, GU19 5EU, UK, Tel: +44 1276 471774
10 minutes drive from VMware offices, Frimley, UK
- Motorized sport
- Tank driving
- International rugby pitch (where England squad train)
- Human skittles
- Clay pigeon shooting
- 9 Hole Golf course
- Wine or whiskey tasting
- Murder mystery
- Giant chess
- Massage lessons
- Plus many more, even duck herding
Guildford, Surrey, UK
30 minutes drive from VMware offices, Frimley, UK
- 17th Century Tithe Barn - up to 120 guests
- Chestnut Lodge - up to 40 guests
- The Great Hall - up to 60 guests
- Marquee in the renowned Walled Garden - up to 80 guests
- Driving on our professionally-designed Off-Road course
- Clay pigeon shooting and laser clays
- Activities with inflatables
- Team-building activities (land and water)
- Max cats, Powerturn cars, hovercraft, quad bikes...
- Archery - and so much more!
For booking please click the following link: http://www.loseley-park.com/
Denbies Wine Estate
London Road, Dorking, Surrey, RH5 6AA, UK, Tel: +44 1306 876 616
(40 minutes drive from VMware offices, Frimley, UK)
Evening Cellar Tasting & Canap Reception - based on a minimum of 20 guests.
For bookings please click the following link: http://www.denbiesvineyard.co.uk/
Macdonald Frimley Hall Hotel & Spa
Frimley Hall Dr Camberley, GU15 2BG Tel: 0870 400 8224
15 minutes drive from VMware offices, Frimley UK
This is a relaxed and friendly hotel, set in an ideal Surrey location and has been recently refurbished, making it an ideal venue for conference, corporate or leisure guests.
The Macdonald Frimley Hall Hotel exudes a timeless air. A grand Victorian house, ivy clad and with original leaded windows, the hotel is a million miles away from the frenetic pace of modern life. A grand, ornately carved staircase leads to individually decorated rooms with original fireplaces, four-poster beds and inlaid mahogany furniture. Near Camberley's centre,
- This country house hotel is perfect for trips to Legoland
- Windsor Castle
- Ascot Racecourse
- Wisley Royal Horticultural Society Gardens
- Virginia Water.
- The new Vital Health and Beauty spa at the hotel offers a 17 metre swimming pool, techno-gym, sauna, steam room and 5 beauty treatment rooms.
- The Sandhurst Bar and Gold Room serve pre-dinner drinks, coffee and light snacks all day
For bookings please click the following link: http://www.macdonaldhotels.co.uk/frimleyhall/
Four Seasons Hotel
Dogmersfield Park, Chalky Lane, Dogmersfield, Hook, Hampshire, England RG27 8TD Tel. 44 (1252) 853000
At the Four Seasons, you enjoy a unique vantage point from which to explore the sights, sounds and experiences around you.
- Antique Galleries: The Cedar Antiques Centre and The Pack House
- Art Galleries: The National Art Gallery,Watts Gallery and New Ashgate Gallery
- Attractions: Birdworld, The Vine, Legoland and Windsor Castle
- Exhibitions: Portsmouth Historic Dockyard
- Museums: Milestones Hampshire’s Living Museum and National Motor Museum
For bookings please click the following link: http://www.fourseasons.com/hampshire/attractions.html
- Ascot Race Course
Set in beautiful countryside, Ascot Race Course provides high class racing holding the world famous Royal Ascot in June and hosting other events such as The King George VI and Queen Elizabeth II stakes at the end of July.
For bookings please click the following link: http://www.ascot.co.uk/index.html
- Goodwood Race Course
The racecourse, some of the most hallowed turf in the land, attracts the world's leading owners, trainers and jockeys.
For bookings please click the following link: http://www.goodwood.co.uk/
- Kempton Race Course
London's racecourse offers racing and entertainment of the highest standard, with outstanding facilities.
For bookings please click the following link: http://www.kempton.co.uk/
Twickenham Experience is the official provider of corporate hospitality and conference and banqueting at Twickenham Stadium. Combining the ambience of this inspiring stadium with first class catering, facilities and event management, Twickenham Experience can meet all your corporate event needs. New facilities available in our South Stand redevelopment, summer 2008
- Special Events - Ultimate Twickenham Tour
- 40 minutes drive from VMware offices, Frimley, UK
For bookings please click the following link: http://www.rfu.com/microsites/twickenham/index.cfm
Wentworth Golf course
- Golf Days can be held on all three of their immaculately conditioned, world-class golf courses, which have hosted some of golf's most prestigious tournaments. Indeed, part of the magic of Wentworth is a giving your guests and clients the opportunity to follow in the footsteps of the golfing greats. The Minimum numbers for golf events is 12 in winter, 20 in summer.
- Private dining.
- 25 minutes drive from VMware offices, Frimley, UK
For bookings please click on the following link: http://www.wentworthgolf.com/
- Legoland, Windsor (20 minutes drive from VMware offices, Frimley, UK)
- Thorpe Park, Chertsey (30 minutes drive from VMware offices, Frimley, UK)
- Chessington World of Adventures and Zoo (40 minutes drive from VMware offices, Frimley, UK)
Parties and Corporate Events:
Simon Drake 'House of Magic'
- Simon Drake's House of Magic is available to hire exclusively for private parties and corporate events.
- We can accommodate groups of up to 150 guests and are suitable for both summer and winter parties.
- Our exclusive hire package includes venue hire, tours of The Haunted Cellar, fortune-telling on The Whispering Chair and Simon Drake's fantastic 45 minute Magical Extravaganza, as well as technical personnel, performing cast, sound and lighting.
- We also provide a choice of optional extras to enhance your event, such as close-up magicians, dancing, photographer, floral decorations etc. Food and drink is provided.
For booking please click on the following link: http://www.houseofmagic.co.uk/
Fun Extra Curricular Activities in Surrey:
- Farnborough Bowl is located within Farnborough Leisure Centre. With a 10 lane Tenpin Bowling facility which is fantastic fun for all occasions for family, friends or work colleagues of all ages. Bowling is great for group team building activities and corporate events. Open throughout the year, fully air-conditioned, with computerised scoring facilities and amazing cosmic bowling to add to the adventure. There is access to target ramps and bumper bars enabling all ages and abilities to bowl with ease.
For bookings please click on the following link: http://www.farnboroughbowl.co.uk/
- Our top notch Orpington venue is undoubtedly one of the very best paintballing sites out there and when it comes to adrenaline soaked battles, there's no better place to experience this than in our phenomenal 32 acre woodland battlezone! The action will be thick and fast in our stunning game zones and you'll need to keep your wits about you to avoid being eliminated by a foe in the foliage! Top class venue, top class equipment, top class day! Don't miss it!
- Armed and ready to play with your trusty laser gun you'll play hide and seek and attack and defend with up to 30 others in the huge ultra-violet, fog filled laser arena. Score points by hunting out and then taking out your opponents before they do the same to you! Let your laser adventure begin and play for real.
To make a booking please click on the following link: http://www.laserquest.co.uk/
- Feeling lucky? Want some fun? Then head on down to 'Vegas' - our glittering casino arcade. With all the latest amusements, arcade games and gaming machines, you can bet, drive and shoot the hours away in real style.
To make a booking please click on the following link: http://www.metrohotel.co.uk/en/1/woking.html
- ... the UKs largest indoor go karting company. We have been pioneers in indoor karting for over 17 years now, running go-karting events since 1990, firmly establishing ourselves as market leaders.
- Formerly known as Go Karting For Fun, we still run the same exhilarating indoor karting events, but have now expanded to operate 6 tracks across the South of England and Wales. So if you are looking to go karting in or around London, South East England or Wales give us a call today!
To make a booking please click on the following link: http://www.karting.co.uk/
- First Class ballooning was established in 1991. We operate mainly around Guildford, Brighton, Reading and Alton. Now a partner of The Balloon School (International) group of companies, this makes us part of the largest hot air balloon company in the UK.
To make a booking please click on the following link: http://www.ylt.com/First-Class-Ballooning-Ltd.htm
- The Bracknell centre runs a very busy ice rink. To allow as many groups, clubs and individuals access to the facilities the ice rink runs to a strict timetable. This timetable only fluctuates on days when there are special activities or school holiday sessions. If travelling from a distance please double check the session times before arriving.
To make a booking please click the following link: http://www.bracknellskislope.co.uk/
- Fencing is extremely popular with people of all ages and an excellent way of keeping fit. Absolute beginners welcome. Classes for Juniors, Youth and Adult members are held on Friday evenings at St. Peter's School, Horseshoe Lane East, Guildford,GU1 2TN
To make a booking please click the following link: http://www.guildfordfencing.co.uk/
- Covers 10 acres of field, woodland and barns and comprises a large number of implements and devices marking over 150 years of farming. Displays of village and rural life in realistic settings.
- Situated on Reeds Road, between Tilford and Frensham just off the A287, three miles south of Farnham
To make a booking please click on the following link:
Woking and Horsell Cricket Club
- Founded in 1905. Recently refurbished clubhouse and bar at their home ground. They run five senior teams, a colts section and have many social members.
- Brewery Road, Horsell Village, Woking
To make a booking please click on the following link: http://www.whcc.org.uk/
Riverside Arts Centre
- Home of the SSAA, Sunbury and Shepperton Arts Association, which promotes knowledge, understanding and appreciation of the arts in the local area bordering Surrey and Middlesex
To make a booking please click the following link: http://www.riversidearts.co.uk/
- 30 acre Motoring and Aviation museum recreating the atmosphere of the 1920's and 30's when Brooklands was known as the Ascot of motor racing. Visitors can also "fly" the Concorde Experience.
- Brooklands Road, Weybridge, KT13 0QN
To make a booking please click on the following link: http://www.brooklandsmuseum.com/
- Omell Galleries was founded in 1947 by Folke Omell. Specializing in selling fine paintings by professional artists, most of whom are still living. With a large range of subjects and prices, having something to suit all tastes.
Based in Ascot, about twenty miles from the West End of London, open Tuesday to Saturday from 9.30am - 5.00p.m. Closed for lunch 1.00 - 2.00pm
To make a booking please click on the following link: http://www.omellgalleries.co.uk/
Hampton Court Palace
- Set in 60 acres of world famous historic gardens, the Palace is a living tapestry of history from Henry VIII to George II. Actually just outside Surrey by Hampton Court Bridge over the River Thames where the A309 meets the A308.
To make a booking please click the following link: http://www.hrp.org.uk/hamptoncourtpalace/
Kew Royal Botanical Gardens
- Kew offers a number of stunning venues for a wide range of corporate events. Whether you are organising a meeting, an extravagant dinner event or an award ceremony, our world renowned gardens and iconic buildings provide the most unique and unforgettable setting for your event.
To make a booking please click the following link: http://www.kew.org/
The Conservatory at Painshill Park, Cobham, Surrey
- This wonderful event space, set within the beautiful surroundings of Painshill’s private walled garden, creates the perfect setting for wedding receptions, conferences, parties and charity events. Designed to the highest standards, it boasts a stripped beech reception area with full height windows overlooking the decking terrace and garden. The carpeted main dinning area has hand made flat linings, a star ceiling, pinspot as well as atmospheric lighting and an integrated sound system. This venue is great for teambuilding, BBQ party, lunches and dinners and parties and receptions.
To make a booking please click the following link: http://www.painshillevents.co.uk/
Activities in London:
- See wax figures of leading statesmen and, in the Chamber of Horrors, notorious villains put faces to the names on everyone’s lips and captured the public imagination. In 1835, Madame Tussauds’ exhibition established a permanent base in London as the Baker Street Bazaar - visitors paid ‘sixpence’ for the chance to meet the biggest names of the day. The attraction moved to its present site in Marylebone Road come 1884.
To make a booking please click the following link: http://www.madametussauds.com/London/
Old Billingsgate, London
- Old Billingsgate is an extraordinary and unique venue in a prime position on the River Thames with views across to Tower Bridge. A fantastic clear open space combined with stunning architecture make it the perfect venue for all types of corporate and private events. The elegant nineteenth century grade 2 listed structures has been sensitively refurbished by Lord Rogers and provides approximately 7.800 square meters of flexible space.
To make a booking please click the following link: http://www.oldbillingsgate.co.uk/
London Eye River Cruise
- See London from a different perspective and enjoy a unique 40 minute circular sightseeing cruise on the river Thames with fascinating live commentary presented by trained guides. Highlights include the Houses of Parliament, St. Paul’s Cathedral and the Tower of London.
- Suitable in all weather as the boat has covered and sun deck seating and is fully wheelchair accessible. Toilets are available onboard.
- Audio commentary is available in French, Spanish, German, Dutch, Italian, Russian, Japanese and Mandarin. T-loops system is also available.
To make a booking please click the following link: http://www.londoneye.com/