VMware License Assignment and Transfer Process
VMware operates a strict policy on license assignment and transfers. Should the reason for the transfer request not be one of the permitted reasons on the License Assignment and Transfer Form (LATF) or the request does not otherwise meet the requirements of our LATF Policy, your request will be rejected.
Please see below the LATF for review and completion where appropriate.
Should you simply require your Account information to be adjusted (i.e. no assignment or transfer of licenses between separate legal entities) - please use the VMware Account Change Form
If you simply wish to give access to your licenses to a third party for the purposes of providing outsourcing, managed or co-located services to you - please use the Consent to Access letter
Translations of LATFs (reference only)
The following translations are provided for reference purposes only and VMware does not accept any responsibility or liability for the accuracy or completeness of these translations.
Please note you may only submit an English version of the LATF to VMware.
VMware Account Change Form
VMware allows changes to customer Accounts in certain instances.
- Where customer has changed their name, excluding as a result of a merger or acquisition, and their old name no longer exists;
- Due to a spelling error;
- Reseller errors more than 90 calendar days from order date (where Reseller ordered licenses directly from VMware);
- Reseller errors where Reseller ordered licenses from OEM Partner;
- There are duplicate Entitlement Accounts for the same legal entity and customer wishes to combine these duplicate Entitlement Accounts as one Entitlement Account; or
- An Entitlement Account holder wishes to separate its licenses into two separate Entitlement Accounts (each to be held in the name of the same legal entity).
For any of these instances, please complete the VMware Account Change Form (ACF) below.
VMware operates a strict policy on Account changes. Should you not meet the requirements as laid out on the ACF, your request will be rejected.
Should you need an Account change due to a reseller error within 90 days of the order date – please contact your Sales Representative who will be responsible for submitting a credit / rebill request on your behalf – do not complete an ACF.
Should you wish to request an assignment and transfer of licenses (e.g. in cases of a merger or acquisition) – please use the License Assignment and Transfer Form (LATF)
VMware Consent to Access Letter
If you wish to request consent for a third party to access your licenses for the purpose of providing outsourcing, managed or co-located services to you – please use the Consent to Access letter.
Should you wish to request an assignment and transfer of licenses – please use the License Assignment and Transfer Form (LATF)