A Dedicated Support Team of Senior-Level Engineers
Note: Products recently acquired by VMware, including the SpringSource, Zimbra, and EMC Ionix product families, are not eligible to be covered by the Business Critical Support Option.
- Extend your IT team with VMware support experts who know your architecture and are aware of past issues.
- Reach the correct technical experts more quickly - In recognition of your commitment to VMware, your support requests bypass Level One Support and are assigned directly to a senior level engineer.
- Spend less time conveying background and configuration information - Your designated VMware support team knows your system architecture and maintains a customer profile reference document.
- Fix problems before they occur - Members of your extended team monitor your Support Requests to identify trends, issues and possible corrective action.
- Avoid known issues - Your designated VMware support team will leverage their vast customer support experience to help anticipate known issues you might encounter.
The VMware Business Critical Support Option is offered as a supplement to VMware Production Support. For each supported data center team, this service provides personalized reactive and proactive support services for VMware customers with business critical virtual infrastructure implementations.
The Business Critical Support Option provides you with the personalized, proactive customer support you require to keep your environment running optimally.
|Designated Support Team||With the VMware Business Critical Support Option, a designated team of support engineers is assigned to support your Business Critical Data Center.|
|Direct Routing to Senior Level Engineers||All Support Requests filed online will be owned and worked by your designated support team. Support Requests filed by telephone will bypass Level One and will be routed to a support queue that is staffed by your designated support team during local business hours and by a pool of senior level engineers during off hours.|
|Customer Site Profile||A primary contact on your designated VMware support team will work with you to draft a support reference document outlining your virtual architecture implementation. This reference document will be used by all VMware team members supporting your account.|
|Customer Support Plan||A primary contact on your designated VMware support team will work with you to document a detailed Support Plan outlining points of contact and key processes.|
|Root Cause Analysis||Should there be an outage that affects system availability, VMware Global Support Services will, upon your request; work to provide formal root cause analysis for your Severity 1 Support Requests. VMware will use commercially reasonable efforts to work with customers and third parties as necessary to provide a resolution where possible. Root cause analysis and log file review by its nature does not always result in a conclusive resolution.|
|Prerequisites||Requires VMware Production Support in place for all VMware products to be covered and supported under VMware Business Critical Support. One customer contact must be VCP certified. Requires premium support for third party products. A TAM is highly recommended.|
|Support for Migration and Updates||Support processes may be arranged to cover any time sensitive issues that might occur during your planned migration or upgrade.|
|Log File Review||Your primary contact will conduct up to ten detailed log file reviews for each contracted data center team with the goal of identifying potential risk and corrective action.|
|Monthly Support Review Meeting||Your primary contact will conduct a monthly support review meeting. The context of this meeting will include Support Request trend analysis and root cause analysis reporting on specific issues.|
|Length of Service||One Year|
|Maximum Customer Contacts||Six Technical Contacts per site|
|Number of Support Requests||Unlimited|