Simplify the delivery of cloud-hosted desktops and apps to any device without the hassle and cost of managing your own infrastructure.
IBM and VMware are expanding their partnership by enabling Horizon Air customers to take advantage of virtual desktop services and applications via the IBM Cloud.Read Press Release
Provide a consistently great end user experience for knowledge workers, mobile workers and even 3D developers across devices, locations, media and connections.
With support for both VMware and IBM public Clouds, bBuild the optimal solution for your organization with a broad range of desktop and application deployment options from a single cloud service.
Gain peace of mind that your cloud environment is always available and secure with a guaranteed SLA and built-in security and support backed by VMware.
Drastically lower per-user costs by leveraging shared desktops and applications with a personalized end-user experience.
Horizon Air Cloud-Hosted Desktop Disaster Recovery protects your business and helps ensure workforce continuity with affordable cloud-hosted desktops and applications.See Details
Horizon Air service delivers cloud-hosted desktops and apps to any device, anywhere.
Horizon Air Cloud-Hosted Use Cases
Cloud-hosted virtual desktops and apps reduce costs, enhance productivity and minimize downtime for some of your most important use cases. New users are productive immediately. Any user can be provisioned with virtual desktops and apps that are highly secure, mobile-ready, reliable and fully functional for any workload.
Horizon Air helps IT save time and money without sacrificing enterprise requirements for security and control. The service provides:
Provide a great end-user experience for knowledge workers, mobile workers and even 3D developers across devices, locations, media or connections with Blast Extreme, a new protocol built for the mobile cloud.
- Support the broadest range of devices including smartphones, tablets, ultra-low-cost PCs, Macs, and more including the industry’s lowest cost $99 PCs.
- Enjoy better battery life across virtualized devices for enhanced workplace productivity.
- Enjoy superior native support for non-Windows devices including Macs.
- Provide end users with single sign on access to resources through a unified workspace.
With support for both VMware and IBM public Clouds, build the optimal solution for your organization with a broad range of desktop and application deployment options from a single cloud service.
- Choose the right combination of dedicated desktops, shared desktops, and hosted apps to best meet the needs of your business.
- Deliver on-demand access to applications from any device with remote application delivery.
- Meet the requirements of a wide array of users, from task workers to power users, with the most extensive OS and desktop options.
- Take advantage of a complete cloud-hosted desktop and application service from VMware at low, predictable costs.
Lower capital expenditures and drastically reduce per-user costs by delivering shared desktops and apps with a personalized experience with Horizon Air cloud-hosted desktops.
- Streamline operations and reduce the support burden on IT with fully managed desktops and hosted apps.
- Reduce costly capital investments with a predictable subscription payment model.
- Speed deployment time from months to weeks, minimizing downtime and increasing user productivity.
Gain peace of mind that your cloud environment is always available and secure with a guaranteed service-level agreement (SLA) and built-in security and support backed by VMware.
- A 99.9% uptime SLA helps ensure end users have anytime access to data and applications.
- Keep your cloud data protected with dedicated infrastructure for each customer.
- Create a secure, dedicated connection between your data center and your cloud environment for better throughput and consistent network performance.
VMware Horizon Air Cloud-Hosted Desktops and Apps service is sold in multiple service options, giving you the flexibility to support the needs of your end users. Horizon Air Desktops and Apps service takes the complexity out of virtual desktops and hosted apps, and that approach extends to providing transparent, predictable pricing.
Cloud-hosted virtual desktops are available in three offerings:
Cloud-hosted virtual desktops and hosted apps begin with a core desktop subscription. From there, you can add additional desktops and hosted apps server capacity. Additional desktops and hosted apps servers can be added at any time and will have the same term as your core subscription.
In addition, you can choose to buy additional hard disk storage, which can be distributed across the virtual desktops and hosted apps.
VMware Horizon Air Desktops and Apps is offered in monthly, one-, two-, and three-year contract terms with various options. Monthly prices are inclusive of the virtual desktops or hosted apps servers, networking bandwidth, public IP addresses and production level support. Monthly pricing begins at the following price points.
||Billed monthly, annually or prepaid for the life of the term. Additional discounts available for term length.|
|Included at No Additional Cost||