Noticias de VMware
VMware Announces General Availability of Latest VMware Cloud Management Solutions
Purpose-Built Cloud Management Solutions Help Customers to Enable IT-as-a-Service
PALO ALTO, Calif., Dec. 11, 2013 — VMware, Inc. (NYSE: VMW), the global leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure, today announced the general availability of new and updated offerings to the industry’s leading portfolio of management solutions purpose-built for the cloud era. These solutions – VMware vCloud® Automation Center™ 6.0, VMware vCenter™ Operations Management Suite™ 5.8 and VMware IT Business Management Suite™ – were unveiled earlier this year by VMware CEO Pat Gelsinger in his keynote at VMworld® 2013 Europe. In addition, VMware today announced that it has updated the automation and management capabilities of VMware vCloud® Suite 5.5.
“Providing cloud management solutions that simplify and automate how IT is managed is key to helping our customers on their journey to deliver IT-as-a-Service,” said Ramin Sayar, senior vice president and general manager, Cloud Management, VMware. “With the availability of new products and enhancements across our management portfolio, customers can take advantage of the business opportunities that exist whether it’s increasing business agility, enabling cost transparency of IT services or expanding to the hybrid cloud.”
Today, VMware extends the business and IT benefits delivered by management solutions purpose-designed for dynamic virtualized and cloud environments with a new offering, as well as significant enhancements to its product portfolio, including:
- VMware vCloud Automation Center 6.0 offers a self-service catalog for requesting and managing all types of IT services across multiple clouds and platforms to provide customers with on-demand access to any service and reducing time to value. Additionally, the product enables rapid application delivery, including application release automation and support for DevOps automation tools, through the incorporation of VMware vCloud Application Director.
- VMware vCenter Operations Management Suite 5.8 extends visibility and insight into the performance of applications running on Microsoft Hyper-V and Amazon Web Services. This latest release also offers improved performance analytics for a broad range of storage arrays and business critical applications including Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft SQL Server.
- VMware IT Business Management Suite 1.0 Standard edition is a new product that allows infrastructure and business stakeholders to quickly understand the cost and consumption of their virtual infrastructure across private and public cloud environments. VMware IT Business Management Suite 8.0 Advanced and Enterprise editions introduce additional persona-based dashboards tailored to the CIO, CFO of IT, IT project managers and line-of-business owners.
VMware’s cloud management solutions, among other offerings, are available for customers and prospects to trial via VMware Hands-on Labs Online at: http://labs.hol.vmware.com/
Pricing and Availability
VMware vCloud Automation Center 6.0, VMware vCenter Operations Management Suite 5.8, and VMware IT Business Management Suite are now generally available. VMware vCenter™ Log Insight™ 1.5, also introduced in October 2013, is expected to become generally available in Q1 2014.
- VMware vCloud Automation Center 6.0 and VMware vCenter Operations Management Suite 5.8 capabilities have been added to all editions of VMware vCloud Suite 5.5, which is licensed per processor starting at $4,995.
- VMware vCloud Automation Center 6.0 and VMware vCenter Operations Management Suite 5.8 are available a la carte and priced per VM.
- The VMware IT Business Management Suite is licensed per user.
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable businesses to thrive in the Cloud Era. Customers rely on VMware to help them transform the way they build, deliver and consume Information Technology resources in a manner that is evolutionary and based on their specific needs. With 2012 revenues of $4.61 billion, VMware has more than 500,000 customers and 55,000 partners. The company is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices throughout the world and can be found online at www.vmware.com.
VMware, VMworld, vSphere, vCloud, vCloud Suite, vCloud Automation Center, vCenter, vCenter Operations Management Suite, VMware IT Business Management Suite, and Log Insight are registered trademarks or trademarks of VMware, Inc. in the United States and other jurisdictions. All other marks and names mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective companies. The use of the word “partner” or “partnership” does not imply a legal partnership relationship between VMware and any other company.
# # #