Adaptive End User Experience
VMware Horizon DaaS delivers a great end-user experience, with an interface that adapts to the device and is optimized to ensure the best possible user experience across the WAN and LAN.
- Unified desktop and application access - Users get Windows desktops and applications from the cloud on any device, including tablets, smartphones, laptops, PCs, thin clients, and zero clients.
- No compromise, fully customizable desktop experience - Every user can have their own virtual desktop, customizable to their application, and look and feel needs, just like their physical desktop or laptop.
- High level of desktop performance - Horizon DaaS desktops can be tailored to meet the simplest or most demanding workloads, from call center software to CAD and 3D Graphics packages.
- Persistent-state, save - Cloud-hosted desktops don’t need to be turned off, so users can leave the office with their document in midsentence, and log back into their desktop or app from home to finish writing without powering up or down.
Simple Virtual Desktops
Deliver virtual desktops in just a few clicks without the complexity of deploying and managing desktop virtualization infrastructure.
- Virtual desktops in just a few clicks - Cloud-hosted desktops enable you to get up and running quickly without the complexity of deploying and managing desktop virtualization infrastructure.
- Easy to buy - Since cloud-hosted desktops are delivered as a cloud service, you only pay for what you need when you need it.
- Fully managed - VMware manages the operations of the underlying infrastructure, including security, backups, and ongoing monitoring.
- Enterprise-class service - With Horizon DaaS you gain access to the proven expertise of specialists that know how to run cloud-hosted desktops at scale. Offload the support and management of the underlying infrastructure and receive best in class SLAs, service and support.
Reduce your upfront costs and lower your desktop TCO with predictable cloud economics that enable you to move from CapEx to OpEx.
- Lower cost - Consuming desktops and apps as a cloud service offers lower entry costs for virtualization and reduced ongoing expenses. Buy what you need, when you need it, at a predictable monthly price.
- Simplified operations - Streamline operations and reduce the support burden on IT with fully managed desktops from VMware. We’ll take care of the infrastructure, so that you can focus on your business.
- Extend the life of your PCs - With cloud-hosted desktops, you can extend the life of your desktop hardware while still providing the latest and greatest operating system to your end users.
- Predictable cloud economics - Cloud economics enables you to move from CapEx to OpEX, providing you a predictable expense with the flexibility to free up budget for other critical projects.
Integrated Security and Control
Use a single console for deployment and management of cloud-hosted desktops and built-in security options to ensure your corporate data and applications are secure.
- Simplified management - IT can easily manage desktop images, virtual machines, user assignments, applications and multiple desktop models—i.e., 1:1 persistent virtual desktops and shared, non-persistent desktops— from a single console.
- Enterprise integration - VMware technology, which provides every tenant with their own Virtual Local Area Network (VLAN), is designed to make it easy for IT to integrate cloud-hosted desktops into their own corporate environment, leveraging corporate Active Directory and corporate application and file services. This is achieved without requiring domain trust between the corporate datacenter and VMware.
- Extended credentials and security policies - IT can manage virtual desktop security just like they manage their existing infrastructure today, with the same credentials and permissions.
- Integrated security - With built-in security capabilities such as secure point-to-point network connectivity, dedicated compute, and network isolation, IT can have the confidence that their corporate data and applications are secure.
Hybrid Cloud Flexibility
Gain flexibility with a service that lets you balance business-owned and cloud-based infrastructure to best serve your business.
- On-premise, cloud, or both - Only VMware can support customers across ANY cloud to help reduce costs, simplify desktop management and deliver services on demand from on-premise, off-premise or a combination of the two.
- Single client, any cloud - Through a single client, IT can provide seamless access to on-premise or cloud desktops from any device, anywhere.
- Manage using existing enterprise tools - Since Horizon DaaS supports secure point-to-point network connectivity, IT can manage their on-premise and cloud-hosted desktops with existing enterprise tools.