A dedicated cloud provides you with a physically isolated infrastructure, giving you your own private cloud instance and the most control over your resources.
- A true single-tenant private cloud
- Physically isolated infrastructure
- A dedicated cloud management stack
- Logically isolated networking and storage
- Minimum compute service of 30GHz vCPU / 120GB vRAM
- Minimum of 6TB storage
- Minimum of 50 Mbps of bandwidth
The Dedicated Cloud Is Ideal for:
- Production workloads, including mission-critical applications
- New application development
- Security- and compliance-driven applications that benefit from physical isolation of the cloud service
- Performance-driven applications that benefit from guaranteed resources and physical isolation of the cloud service
Virtual Private Cloud
A virtual private cloud provides you with logically isolated infrastructure, with fully private networking and resource pools.
- A multi-tenant virtual private cloud
- Logically isolated compute, networking and storage
- Minimum compute service of 5GHz reserved / 10GHz burst vCPU / 20GB vRAM
- Minimum of 2TB storage
- Minimum of 10 Mbps bandwidth
The Virtual Private Cloud Service Is Ideal for:
- Initial projects, testing or piloting of vCloud Hybrid Service
- Short-term projects
- Test/development workloads deployable on a platform with mid-range performance at a lower price
- Smaller assignments that don't require the full capacity of a single-tenant cloud service
Seamless Extension of Your Data Center
Stretch Your Network Across Your Data Center and Hybrid Cloud
With Layer 2 switching, vCloud Hybrid Service extends your corporate network without requiring new IP domains and added network management. Packets can be forwarded at wire speed with little or no impact on network performance or bandwidth. Apply your corporate controls via the same directory infrastructure used in your data center. You can easily migrate workloads back and forth, and administer your hybrid environment from a single management interface spanning your data center, vCloud Hybrid Service, and even public cloud services from VMware partners.
Run Both Existing and New Applications in the Cloud
Unlike commodity cloud services, vCloud Hybrid Service is built on the same platform you use internally. You can run your current applications just as they are—no rewrites are required. The vCloud REST-based API provides scripted access to cloud resources, such as vApp upload and download, catalog management, and other operations. vCloud Hybrid Service will also enable a range of next-generation frameworks and development tools for building and running new applications.
Broad OS and Application Support
vCloud Hybrid Service supports a wide variety of Linux and Windows-based Operating Systems plus a broad array of applications to meet every customer need. You can run more than 3,700 solutions from over 2,000 vendors, including the top ten healthcare apps, the top ten finance apps, and four of the top five retail apps.
All Your Current Expertise and Toolsets Apply
Gain a robust, secure hybrid cloud without having to scrap your existing operations and management toolsets, purchase new ones, attain new expertise, and retrain your staff. With vCloud Hybrid Service you can move existing workloads into the cloud, build and run new applications, and manage your entire hybrid environment—all without having to change the way you do things.
As Resilient, Robust and Reliable As Your Internal IT Environment
Automatic HA and Live Migration to Ensure Performance and Avoid Outages
vCloud Hybrid Service has built-in capabilities that:
- Eliminate application downtime due to planned server maintenance, by migrating running virtual machines between hosts and rebalancing storage array utilization without disruption
- Auto-restart virtual machines in the event of hardware failure, for highest availability
- Ensure optimal CPU placement, memory utilization, storage capacity and storage performance across cloud resources, driving truly elastic computing that spans clusters
Simple, Secure, and Reliable Protection for Virtual Machine Data
- Agentless backup support that is fully OS and application agnostic
- Reduced backup policy administration and complexity with built-in policy settings
- Image-level backups that use Change Block Tracking (CBT), maximizing efficiency and reducing storage capacity requirements
High Performance Storage for Production Applications
vCloud Hybrid Service is built on enterprise-class storage architecture. Storage is tiered across solid state drives, SAS, and SATA arrays that guarantee minimal latency, with continuous optimization to provide customers with the highest performance.
Security and Compliance
Security and identity management are integrated into the vCloud Hybrid Service platform, with services that include VPN, NAT, DHCP, and firewalls. Role-based access provides authorized and accountable control over cloud resource consumption. Applications can be segmented by various trust levels to ensure compliance and security. Supported by a ISP/IEC 27001 certified information security management system.
A Single Trusted Source for Service and Support
VMware Global Support Services: One Number to Call
vCloud Hybrid Service comes with robust "business-essential" enterprise support, delivered by the same global organization that services VMware private cloud and enterprise deployments. Every customer gets their own dedicated Customer Success Team.
Transact with VMware and Our Partners Just As You Do Now
vCloud Hybrid Service is designed to fit seamlessly into your existing relationship with VMware—the service can be easily acquired using your current IT purchasing processes.
Consulting and Services from VMware Partners
Draw on the VMware ecosystem of over 55,000 partners and 93,000 certified professionals for global coverage and specialized domain expertise to assist with any cloud-related need.
Complemented by VMware Accelerate Professional Services
VMware Accelerate Advisory Services provide accomplished solution architects and strategists who help your senior IT team plan pragmatic cloud strategies that deliver tangible business value.