The Horizon Mobile Secure Workplace is a fully validated architecture that provides end users with quick and easy access to desktops, applications and data across devices, locations and networks. Designed to help IT address bring your own device (BYOD) and workplace mobility initiatives, this solution streamlines and automates desktop application and data management and provides IT with the ability to apply location-aware, policy driven access to corporate resources with higher levels of security and compliance.
The Mobile Workplace Partners
The Mobile Secure Workplace is a validated solution architecture offered by VMware and VMware Ready Partners. It is specifically built to meet the needs of organizations looking to securely support end users across devices and locations. It combines VMware and ecosystem products and services to meet the necessary requirements for supporting security, rapid and automated provisioning and mobile access across devices. Find out more about VMware partners and ecosystem products and services designed to support the VMware Mobile Secure Workplace here.
Atlantis Computing addresses the key challenges in VDI deployments: storage cost, performance and deployment risk. Atlantis ILIO software complements VMware View to cut costs and deliver a desktop that is faster and cheaper than a PC. Atlantis Diskless ILIO enables VDI deployment with just servers and software, eliminating the need for storage for virtual desktops.
- Key Benefits of Atlantis ILIO for the VMware Mobile Secure Workplace
- How-To Guide for VMware Mobile Secure Workplace Implementation with Atlantis Computing
- Washington Trust Bank Video Case Study
The Cisco VXI with VMware View Smart Solution delivers an uncompromised desktop virtualization experience that is collaborative, mobile and secure. It increases business efficiency, productivity and agility by enabling an exceptionally flexible and secure workspace to any device in any location. The VXI with VMware Smart Solution combines Cisco’s data center, network and collaboration technologies with VMware’s server virtualization and end-user computing technologies together with services to provide a comprehensive solution that simplifies deployment, reduces costs and minimizes risk. Cisco and VMware together offer a validated, integrated solution that empowers people to adopt the most productive, unbound work styles.
Dell Inc. (NASDAQ: DELL) listens to customers and delivers innovative technology and services that give them the power to do more. Dell's global alliance with VMware produces tightly integrated cloud and virtualization solutions with exceptional performance, reliability and simplified management based on VMware technology running on Dell end-to-end infrastructure solutions. To learn more, visit
- Dell DVS Mobile Secure Workplace Solution Brief
- Dell DVS Mobile Secure Workplace Reference Architecture
EMC Corporation is a global leader in enabling businesses and service providers to transform their operations and deliver IT as a service. Fundamental to this transformation is cloud computing. Through innovative products and services, EMC accelerates the journey to cloud computing, helping IT departments to store, manage, protect and analyze their most valuable asset — information — in a more agile, trusted and cost-efficient way. Additional information about EMC can be found at
- EMC Infrastructure for VMware View 5.0 Reference Architecture
- EMC Infrastructure for VMware View 5.0 Proven Solutions Guide
- Top 10 Reasons Why Customers Virtualize their Workplace Infrastructures with VSPEX for the VMware Mobile Secure Workplace
- EMC VSPEX End User Computing Solutions with the VMware Mobile Secure Workplace Solution Brief
F5 Networks provides strategic points of control throughout the IT infrastructure, enabling organizations to scale, adapt, and align with changing business demands and drive business forward on a solid foundation of IT agility. F5 brings hardened security, unified access management, high availability, and world-class scalability to VMware View in particular in support of the Mobile Secure Workplace solution architecture.
- VMware View and F5 Deployment Guide for BIG-IP System v11
- Solution Overview – F5 Solutions for VMware Mobile Secure Workplace
- How-To Guide – Maximum Scalability, Security, and Availability for View with F5 Networks
Nimble Storage solutions are built on the idea that enterprises should not have to compromise between performance, capacity, ease of management, and price. Nimble's tier-less storage architecture, designed from the ground up to effectively combine flash with high capacity drives, makes high performance affordable, simplifies and enhances data protection, and delivers pain-free operations for virtual desktop environments.
- Best Practice Guide – Nimble Storage for VMware View VDI
- Risk-Free Storage for the VMware Mobile Secure WorkplaceU Services Case Study
Nexenta Systems is the leading supplier of enterprise-class OpenStorage solution, NexentaStor, built upon ZFS technology and delivers high-performance, ultra-scalable, cloud- and virtualization-optimized storage solutions. Nexenta also provides NexentaVSA for View, a purpose built virtual storage appliance that simplifies VDI deployments and optimizes storage performance for VMware View.
- Delano Regional Medical Center Standardizes on Nexenta for VMware View for VDI Project
- Hardware Configuration Reference – Nexenta VSA for View
- Solution Overview for NexentaVSA for the VMware Mobile Secure Workplace
The Pivot3 vSTAC™ delivers seamlessly unified, highly available shared storage and virtual server appliances that are purpose-built for modern virtual server and data workloads. The company has over 600 customers across the globe deploying Pivot3 vSTAC unified storage and compute appliances. The company ships pre-configured and tuned vSTAC appliances for target applications including video surveillance, virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) and rich media cloud applications.
- ESG Lab Review: Pivot3 vSTAC VDI Appliance and VMware View 5 Implementation
- Pivot3 Solution Brief for the Mobile Secure Workplace
- Pivot3 Mobile Secure Workplace How to Guide
- Pivot3 Mobile Secure Workplace Reference Architecture
VCE, formed by Cisco and EMC with investments from VMware and Intel, is a leader in converged cloud infrastructure systems. VCE, through Vblock™ Systems, provides an optimized information technology system that accelerates the adoption of converged infrastructure and cloud-based computing models that dramatically reduce the cost of IT while improving time to market for customers.
- VMware Mobile Secure Workplace on VBlock™ Systems Solution Brief
- Watch VCE demo for the VMware Mobile Secure Workplace
McAfee, a wholly owned subsidiary of Intel Corporation (NASDAQ:INTC), is the world's largest dedicated security technology company. McAfee provides system, network, and mobile security solutions that allow users to safely connect to the Internet, browse, and shop online. Backed by global threat intelligence, our innovative products empower home users and organizations by enabling them to prove compliance, protect data, prevent disruptions, identify vulnerabilities, and monitor and improve their security. McAfee is relentlessly focused on constantly finding new ways to keep our customers safe. www.mcafee.com
Founded in 1983, SafeNet, Inc. is one of the largest information security companies in the world, and is trusted to protect the most sensitive data for market-leading organizations around the globe. SafeNet’s data-centric approach focuses on the protection of high-value information throughout its lifecycle, from the data center to the cloud. More than 25,000 customers across commercial enterprises and government agencies trust SafeNet to protect and control access to sensitive data, manage risk, ensure compliance, and secure virtual and cloud environments.
Symantec is a global leader in providing security, storage and systems management solutions to help consumers and organizations secure and manage their information-driven world. Our software and services protect against more risks at more points, more completely and efficiently, enabling confidence wherever information is used or stored. More information is available at
- Symantec How to Guide for the Mobile Secure Workplace
- Symantec Mobile Secure Workplace Solution Brief
Trend Micro, a VMware Global Technology Alliance partner, is a global leader in content security and threat management, with more than 20 years of expertise in server, endpoint, messaging, and Web security.
Trend Micro provides the most comprehensive suite of next-generation virtualization and cloud security solutions available today. These solutions leverage the VMware platform to deliver better-than-physical security, giving VMware customers the confidence to accelerate and complete their virtualization journey, maximize consolidation rates and cost savings, and ensure compliance. http://www.trendmicro.com/us/enterprise/cloud-solutions/deep-security/index.html
- Trend Micro Deep Security for VMware Mobile Secure Workplace Solution Brief
- Mobile Secure Workplace Anti-Virus Solution with Trend Micro How-to-Guide
User Installed Applications
Liquidware Labs' user virtualization solution, ProfileUnity™ with FlexApp™ user installed apps software enables “Any Time, Any Where, Any Device” worker modes within the VMware Mobile SecureWorkplace architecture.
- Quickstart and Evaluation Guide for ProfileUnity 5.0 with FlexApp for VMware Mobile Secure Workplace Solution
- Liquidware Labs’ ProfileUnity with FlexApp for VMware Mobile Secure Workplace Solution Brief
- FAQ for ProfileUnity 5.0 with FlexApp for VMware the Mobile Secure Workplace Solution
- Liquidware Labs Mobile Secure Workplace How to Guide
Management and Monitoring
Xangati is the recognized leader in tracking performance storms for virtualization and cloud environments. The award-winning Xangati Management Dashboard (XMD) suite of products includes the VI Dashboard for server virtualization, VDI Dashboard for desktop virtualization, and StormTracker™. XMD’s unparalleled in-memory computing architecture allows for a live and continuous awareness of the entire infrastructure end-to-end providing the ability to instantly identify and anticipate storms before they impact business user productivity.