Bypass the risks and uncertainties of commodity public clouds with robust and secure, infrastructure services you can choose and use with confidence. Delivered by VMware service provider partners, vCloud Powered Services are built on the same proven VMware cloud technology that more than 250,000 enterprises depend on in their datacenters. This makes vCloud Powered Services inherently and fully compatible with your internal environment so you can deploy and scale new and legacy applications without recoding
vCloud Powered Services let you quickly realize the compatibility, agility and scalability of VMware based hybrid clouds:
- Extend your datacenter. Gain the freedom to move workloads from your virtualized datacenter to a secure public cloud, with the flexibility to transfer them back and forth as needed.
- Secure your infrastructure. Confidently pool and deploy critical workloads and applications to a public cloud built on a comprehensive and proven security framework
- Access a broad ecosystem. Choose among a wide range of vCloud Powered Services available worldwide tailored to meet any use case or business need.
What is vCloud Powered?
VMware vCloud Powered is an “Infrastructure as a Service” public cloud delivered by VMware vCloud service providers. VMware vCloud Powered services enable organizations of all types to consume in a hybrid cloud environment. These services are built on the same VMware platform and architecture on which the vast majority of enterprises have built their own virtualized datacenters. This allows IT to easily provision public cloud resources that are compatible with existing infrastructure, and quickly and securely extend their internal virtualized infrastructure into the public cloud. Download program guide about delivering vCloud Powered services.
Who can consume vCloud Powered services?
Consumers of vCloud Powered services include IT Managers and Administrators as well as Line of Business (LOB) users and developers across enterprises, small and medium sized businesses and startups.
Which industry verticals do vCloud Powered services cater to?
vCloud Powered services cater to a variety of vertical industries such as finance, healthcare, retail, manufacturing and government, to name a few. If you are looking for case study examples by vertical, you may download the VMware Public Cloud Diaries
What are some use cases of vCloud Powered services?
vCloud Powered services work across a breadth of use cases ranging from prototyping to production. Some popular use cases are rapid deployment (test, development, quality assurance), temporary or elastic capacity (seasonal workloads or projects that will experience spikes in demand) and offloading capex (organizations that do not have adequate resources or budget to invest in a datacenter or a good sized IT department)
What consumption models do vCloud Powered services offer?
Providers of vCloud Powered services determine the consumption models they wish to offer. Check with your provider on whether they offer a pay-for-use or subscription based service
How do I find and evaluate a vCloud Powered service?
Customers can ask vCloud service providers if they have achieved this validation from VMware as they consider choices for public and hybrid cloud services. Visit http://vcloud.vmware.com to find and evaluate the vCloud Powered service that fits your needs.
What are the challenges with today's commodity public clouds that are resolved with vCloud Powered services?
- First, it's been difficult to bring legacy IT environments to the cloud, which requires the re-writing of many existing applications. vCloud Powered services are compatible with existing applications in the customers' datacenters
- Second, security is top of mind for most enterprises and it's been hard to know if requirements are being met via commodity public cloud offerings. Does IT know where data resides, who has access to it? Built on secure infrastructure, vCloud Powered services can offer hypervisor, network and application security
- Lastly, once applications are developed to run in the cloud, corporate IT is often asked to take over managing it and to move it back to the company’s datacenter; this task has been difficult if the application was developed in the commodity public cloud. vCloud Powered services not only deploy the same set of products/technology stack running on-premise but can also run VMware vCloud Connector, which makes the task much easier.
How are vCloud Powered services priced?
vCloud Powered services are priced by the providers offering them. Speak to your service provider to learn more about their rate card and pricing options.