Taking Advantage of Cloud Computing
VMware is uniquely positioned to help service providers tap into three key trends in computing:
- Existing applications are being virtualized, which provides an isolating “wrapper” around the application and severs the binding between the application and physical server hardware. In this way, VMware enables existing applications to be quickly and easily deployed on any VMware infrastructure - whether internal or external - as required.
- New Web 2.0 applications are independent of operating system environment, and require both virtualization, cloud and middleware to be easily portable and scalable. VMware provides full platform stack supporting the most popular Java framework, Spring, allowing developers to be productive and quickly and easily deploy their applications on cloud infrastructures.
- The cloud is enabling new ways of delivering computing and accessing computing. VMware's projects in identity and integration bring these together to deliver new revenue opportunities for service providers and an even greater share of the IT budget.
Co-branding Your Services with VMware
VMware simplifies co-branding of service provider services:
- VMware Virtualized - A service badge for any service based on VMware vSphere.
- VMware vCloud Powered - A service badge for any service based on VMware vSphere and VMware vCloud Director that makes available the full vCloud API and supports open virtualization format (OVF) VM file format upload/download.
- VMware vCloud Datacenter Services - Enterprise-class hybrid cloud services co-branded with and certified by VMware. Service providers certified by VMware implement a specific service architecture that ensures global consistency of these joint-branded cloud services. Third-party audits are employed for adherence to security and compliance frameworks.
- VMware vCloud Express - A globally-consistent, high-volume, simple-to-use cloud infrastructure targeted at enterprise software developers. Service providers certified by VMware commit to implementing a specific service architecture as well as joint enterprise sales and marketing programs.