Get the FactsNOT THE MICROSOFT HYPER-BOLE
- 100% of the Fortune 100 and 99.5% of the Fortune 1000 run VMware.
- VMware vSphere 5: InfoWorld.com’s Technology of the Year Award, for the 8th year in a row.
- VMware vSphere’s architecture is purpose-built with the industry’s smallest disk footprint; Microsoft Hyper-V R3 will still have a large disk footprint, burdened with general-purpose Windows code that has nothing to do with virtualization.
- Analysts estimate that over 80% of all virtual machines in the world run on VMware.
- VMware VMotion performs 5 times faster than today’s Microsoft Live Migration.
- VMware HA (High Availability) works even when half or more hosts in a cluster go down; Microsoft "HA" doesn’t.
- Hyper-V R3 will still fall short of vSphere 5 in critical areas like virtual security, storage management and business continuity.
Share Your VMware Story
VMware helped JSR expand their operations to the cloud and deliver a competitive edge
“VMware came top of our evaluation in terms of cost effectiveness and we were very impressed with the tools and features available with vSphere. Other solutions, such as Microsoft Hyper V, were overly complex and unsuitable for a business of our size.”Richard H.
VMware delivered to The National Institute of Education (NIE) a flexible, robust, highly available infrastructure for their critical applications
“Our proof of concept—which involved testing and creating virtual machines, conducting a physical-to-virtual migration for some of our servers and testing the vMotion feature for high availability—convinced us that VMware had the most mature and flexible product.”Tan H.
Myron Steves was able to cut disaster recovery times and costs with VMware virtualization
“Our disaster recovery was costing us $400,000 per year. By eliminating that cost, our VMware infrastructure paid for itself within 10 months.”Tim M.
VMware Virtualization Blog rss
Tell Us Your StoryShare your VMware story and get cool VMware swag!
Story ideas may include:
- Why did you choose a VMware solution?
- Why did you come back to VMware after trying a competitor’s offering?
- Impact that the VMware solution had on achieving your company’s objectives.
Required Field *
Thank you for submitting your story. After review, if your story is approved for publishing on the Web site, we will send you an e-mail with a link to get a cool VMware swag.