Reduce IT Costs with Server Consolidation
Many educational data centers operate significantly below capacity, using less than optimal computing power despite the additional infrastructure, real estate and energy investments. Consolidating servers through virtualization provides short- and long-term budget relief while building a more flexible infrastructure that can improve accessibility to students, faculty and staff. A phased approach to server consolidation preserves existing investments while lowering hardware, software, network and storage requirements.
- Reduce data center and capital costs by as much as 60 percent.
- Reduce time spent on routine IT administrative tasks by about a third.
- Reduce power, cooling and real estate needs to cut energy costs by up to 80 percent.
Improve Access and Performance with BYOD
From Smart Boards to tablets to 1:1 initiatives, new learning options are entering the classroom and redefining education. Students and teachers alike want to access their schoolwork and educational applications on any device and from any location. VMware’s desktop and application virtualization make it easier to manage multiple student and faculty devices and support bring your own device (BYOD) initiatives.
- Support new educational technologies and applications with flexible, cost-effective desktop solutions.
- Provide students and faculty access to learning and resources anywhere, anytime, from any device.
- Streamline and automate desktop application and data management.
Improve Content Delivery and Application Management with Virtualization
Cutting-edge teaching methods, applications and tools help schools operate more efficiently while expanding access. VMware’s desktop and application virtualization solutions provide a more flexible, cost-effective way to get these tools and applications into the hands of students and teachers.
- Maximize IT resources.
- Improve access to educational resources, curriculum and applications.
- Extend hardware lifecycle costs without impacting performance.