Create Differentiated Solutions on VMware Platforms
TAP members get access to a comprehensive set of developer resources to develop rich and robust applications on VMware platform, create differentiated solutions and reduce time-to-market. These resources include,
- Products such as toolkits and APIs
- Content such as documentation and knowledge base
- Source code access and
- Services such as developer forums, incident support, architectural help and certification
These resources are packaged in the form of programs listed below. Together they are called Co-Development Programs. We continue to improve the breadth and depth of resources, so let us know your suggestions.
Specific API Programs
While the SDKs provide a set of published APIs that are sufficient for majority of tasks related to the management of virtualized infrastructure, certain functionalities require partners to access, adopt and / or collaborate in the development of specific APIs. Membership in programs related to such APIs is available to qualified partners. These programs provide access to specific APIs and R&D resources for collaborative development purposes. Examples of such programs are:
- VMware Ready for Storage Program - The Storage category is open to qualified partners interested in building and certifying storage devices for vSphere, and is primarily targeted at Storage vendors. Storage partner can integrate advanced solutions with vSphere such as disaster recovery, multipathing, offload capabilities, storage management. The storage devices created and certified via this program can be released asynchronously by VMware and partners. The program allows partners to develop and certify their plugins and storage devices in a timely fashion, new or update existing ones based on availability of new APIs and new versions of VMware products. Associated devices can be flagged to VMware Ready in the VMware Solution Exchange (VSX) and added to VMware’s Compatibility Guide.
- VMware Ready for Management Program - The Management category is open to qualified partners interested in building and certifying management applications for VMware’s Management platform. The types of management applications include a variety of integration points such as vSphere Management and vCenter Orchestrator. The SDKs for these integrations are provided publicly in VMware’s Developer Community. The partner must join the Management program in order to certify their solution and receive the VMware Ready logo. Certifications are available for a subset of management APIs.
- VMware Ready for Networking & Security Program - Networking and Security solutions are integral components of building agile and secure virtual datacenters. Partner solutions integrated with VMware products deliver security, compliance, and advanced networking to help customers realize the full efficiency and agility of cloud computing.
- VMware vCenter Site Recovery Manager (SRM) Program – This program is open to qualified partners interested in integrating with VMware's site recovery solution. SRM partners have access to VMware's SRM APIs and development tools, and work with VMware's R&D organization to integrate their products and to influence future enhancements.