Benefits by Company Type
To find out which benefits offered by the TAP program are relevant to your industry and how they enable you to address key customer concerns in our virtual environment, click on the company type below. Note that we will continue to expand this list in coming months.
Why Partner with VMware?
VMware customers such as Bank of America, JPMorgan Chase, and Citi Group depend on the most reliable platform for virtualization in the most demanding banking and capital markets datacenters around the world. By partnering with VMware, Financial Services ISVs can offer their customers - institutions in Brokerage & Trading, Retail Investing, Investment Management, Banking and other segments - virtualized solutions that:
- Lower hardware expense across all environments (production, test/dev and disaster recovery and application upgrade)
- Lower implementation costs with pre-configured VMs and faster provisioning process
- Lower OpEx due to automation of management tasks (staging, lifecycle, site recovery) and overall less infrastructure (lower CapEx) due to consolidation
- Deploy and upgrade with high quality using virtual test beds, production clones and automatic staging / rollback of VMs
- Provide Reliability and Availability by moving production VMs for planned maintenance while keeping their workload running by moving them to newly replicated VMs across data centers
- Provide optimal performance by monitoring and controlling service levels automatically, dynamically allocating infrastructure for each application and by hot-adding hardware components for uninterrupted upgrades
- Lock-in prospects rapidly by providing off-the-shelf customized VMs for demos and on-demand customized VMs for evals. Capture customer customization for roll over to production
- Provide instant implementation by shipping your application as ready-to-run VM on memory stick and deploying on any available hardware in minutes
- Resolve customer issues immediately by re-creating customer environments in minutes, replaying VMs to re-produce issues and patching applications remotely
Partner with VMware by joining VMware Technology Alliance Partner (TAP) Program to obtain the technology, tools and resources necessary to deliver and go to market with VMware in the Financial Services Industry. There are four stages to this partnership.
Learn – Gain access to Partner Central and attend Technology Exchange to learn more about building solutions with VMware. Complete free web based VMware Technical Sales Professional (VTSP) training and VMware Sales Professional (VSP) training to learn more about VMware products. Review the ISV Center to become familiar with the testing and other resources available to Financial Services ISVs. Learn more.
Build - Obtain not-for-resale licenses, including SpringSource tcServer, Horizon View, and support for validation or integration testing. Learn more.
Deploy - Market and sell your solutions by using various marketing toolkits and other events. Sponsor a VMware User Group session, leverage the VMware Ready logo to market your solution or get in front of customers and prospects by providing a support statement and adding your product to our Partner Product Catalog. Learn more.
Support – Work with VMware to support our mutual customers by signing up for TSANet. TAP partners receive a members-only discount. Learn more.