Benefits by Company Type
To find out which benefits offered by the TAP program are relevant to your industry and how they enable you to address key customer concerns in our virtual environment, click on the company type below. Note that we will continue to expand this list in coming months.
Partnering with VMware for System Management Companies
Virtualization has delivered tremendous value to IT in terms of cost savings from consolidation, new options for disaster recovery and agility through rapid provisioning and automation. The growth of production virtualization and private cloud computing is driving demand for more sophisticated virtualization management processes and tools. Virtualization management is different from traditional management. Virtual machines can be created quickly and are mobile, temporal, and often transitory in nature. As a result, customers want guidance as they virtualize their Tier 1 applications, desktops and move to the private cloud. Specifically,
- Customers are seeking integrated, seamless management tools to support their management processes
- Interoperability between VMware vCenter and a management partner’s solution is a key customer requirement
By working with VMware as a partner, Management vendors can address these customer needs.
We work with partners across three dimensions – technology, marketing, and sales. The approach involves developing integrated management solutions, positioning and promoting them, and defining how we engage in the field – direct and channel.
Partner with VMware by joining VMware Technology Alliance Partner (TAP) Program to obtain the technology, tools and resources necessary to deliver and go to market with VMware for Virtualization Management. There are four stages to this partnership.
- Learn –Gain access to Partner Central and attend Technology Exchange to learn more about building solutions with VMware. Participate in our Developer Community to learn more about our APIs including, vSphere web services SDK (performance monitoring, provisioning, configuration, compliance, discovery and chargeback), toolkits, VIX APIs and VDDK. Learn more.
- Build - Obtain not-for-resale licenses, including VMware vSphere and vCenter Server, and developer support for integration and testing. Apply for a co-development project if applicable. Learn more.
- Deploy – Market and sell your solutions by using various marketing toolkits and other events. Get exposure to channels, customer or prospects by adding your solution to our Partner Product Catalog. Validate solutions through VMware Ready program. Learn more.
- Support – Leverage our support offerings to enhance the experience for our joint customers and to get a members-only discount at TSANet. Learn more.